Prayers, Chants, Wishes... anything

Options
I have a prayer request, <- or whatever you may call it

My friend Kelly Hoekema found out she has melanoma cancer last Thursday (1/19/12). When they found it she was already at stage 4 out of the 5. She had surgery on her back right away to hopefully remove most if not all of it, this however was not the case. She is due to go back in for more surgery next week to try to get more of it and create a 1mm diameter around the area. This is proving to be a little difficult as the cancer has gotten pretty deep. They are also planning on surgery of her lymph nodes and staring to plan chemo for her at this point as well.

Right now she is being extremely positive and is determined to get through this for her two boys as well as her friends and family.

Please keep her in your prayers/thoughts as she fights this battle.

Thank you

Replies

• a6ftdiva
    a6ftdiva Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    PRAYERS & {{HUGS}}

Best thing you can do is stay strong for her and keep praying.... I had a very similar experience with a girlfriend who had stage 4 lung cancer. It is one of the hardest things to watch, but one of her requests was for people to not feel weird around her. we talked about her treatment instead of hiding it. Ask her how she feels about talking about it, she may want to vent or be exhausted from explaining all the time...

I wish you the best and pray the treatments are successful...
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Cancer is so awful. My uncle was just diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer a couple days ago. For sure, keep all our loved ones in our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes for your friend!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Praying for your friend. She is blessed to have a friend like you who took the time to reach out. There is power in prayer.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Praying for your friend right now. God bless y'all...