Hello

Options
Hello...

I'm new around these parts. My name is Jackie, I'm 22, from PA. Trying to drop about 13 pounds. I work at a gym and am fortunate enough to get a free membership there as well, but I need some motivation - like everyone else. You'd also be surprised - when you work at the place, it makes you want to be there less when you're off the clock!!! ::Stress:: :grumble: haha. Thank god we have yoga classes - and thank god I have yoga videos for home :wink: I am also just in serious need of keeping track of what I eat and how many calories I'm burning. This website is great. Thanks! :smile:

Jackie

Replies

• JackieOh
    JackieOh Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello...

I'm new around these parts. My name is Jackie, I'm 22, from PA. Trying to drop about 13 pounds. I work at a gym and am fortunate enough to get a free membership there as well, but I need some motivation - like everyone else. You'd also be surprised - when you work at the place, it makes you want to be there less when you're off the clock!!! ::Stress:: :grumble: haha. Thank god we have yoga classes - and thank god I have yoga videos for home :wink: I am also just in serious need of keeping track of what I eat and how many calories I'm burning. This website is great. Thanks! :smile:

Jackie
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    welcome Jackie..
    hope you grow to love this website as much as I do.... I really like how it keeps me accountable for my food I eat.. I have come along way in the last month since I have started going to the gym and logging my food... I have lost 9 pounds alone since I started this site.. but I have lost 19 since the begining of Febuary... I know I have a long way to go but I will get there one day.. and I am not giving up... when I started going to the gym 1 month ago I could only ride the bike for 10 minutes and couldnt use the treadmill and the eliptical only 2 minutes well in that month I have worked my way up to 1 hour on the elliptical doing different progams on it during that hour and 30 minutes on the bike and I can do 50 minutes on the treadmill.. i have lost inches also.. all over..and many many more to go.. on Mon wed Fri I do 2 hours of cardio and the rest of the days I do at least 1 hour of cardio and toning.. and I go to the gym 7 days a week... sunday - saturday I havent stoped since I started

again welcome and good luck in you weight loss journey

Sheila
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love it here, if you don't already. I love it here. This is a great site. It is very supportive, helpful, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: