Getting frustrated

Options
Calorie counting always worked so well for me but for some reason this time, it's not. I'm getting really frustrated and want to give up. I eat really well and stay below my 1200 calories a day. Why am I not losing?

Replies

• gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    How far under your calories are you each day? If you've put in all your details correctly when you registered you should be aiming to eat those 1200 cals.
    Are you exercising and eating back your calories burned?

This thread might be interesting to you http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/447397-my-plateau-nutrition-story-learn-from-my-mistakes?error_user_id=14857150&error_username=gtfcnat&hl=plateau

It's worth doing a search on "plateau" Good luck the weight will come off :smile:
  • smalls_kisha
    smalls_kisha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat. If you stick with it, you will eventually see results... It took me almost 2 whole months before I really started to notice a difference. I am not exercising but have been sticking to eating right and staying under the reccomended 1200 calories. Do you work out? If you want to lose weight and not maintain your weight you would have to get moving. We can track and motivate each other as friends if you would like, it really does help.
  • carlageek
    carlageek Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When you say "I'm not losing," what sort of time scale are you talking about? How long has it been since you've seen a loss? How close to a healthy weight are you already?
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I get it! I am getting so discouraged! This morning I asked my husband to hide the scale...I've been on it everyday and I know that's not good! I have to just keep at it and the lbs will come off...I've done it before and I can do it again, so can you, don't give up!
  • dncyng
    dncyng Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Umm, the basic calories you need, when you're not doing Anything (just for your body to survive) is 1200 calories. Your counter will tell you you are eating not enough calories to get your proper nutrition, and your metabolism will go down, and your body will go into starvation mode, and then all of a sudden you will see weight loss, but your body will be eating the muscle before the fat, because it's looking for nutrition you aren't giving it.

Eat 1200 calories, but pack it with the good stuff, like fruits and veggies, so your getting the most vitamins and minerals that your body needs. :) Hope this helps!
  • njmomof2girls
    Options
    I work out at least 30 minutes of cardio a day (5 days a week). Maybe I'm not losing because I eat under my 1200 calories. Idk.