NEED LOW SODIUM IDEAS!

Options
Hi All MFP pals! I am in need of some lunch &/or dinner ideas that are low in sodium. I have been way over on that area and need to try to get that down, but need some ideas as it seems like all my food ideas are higher in sodium.

Thank you,

Rebecca :happy:

Replies

• BrittanyNHill
    BrittanyNHill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anytime you use canned veggies, dump them in a strainer and run water over them to get rid of most of the sodium. Fresh is the best because they retain more of thier nutrients and they don't have nearly as much sodium. You can also do this with canned tuna and chicken. Try making tuna or chicken salad with plain greek yogurt instead of mayo and use chopped celery instead of pickles. (Or grapes, even better!) :) In salads, you can also use grrk yogurt mixed with lemon, lime or spices as a dressing. If all else fails, google it! Hope this helps! :)
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Instead of canned vegetables use frozen... GFS has a great selection and the best price in town. Lunch meats are full of sodium along with any processed foods. Condiments are usually a killer when it comes to sodium too. Hope this helps!