Work? A-Okay! Home? Bring on the Oreos!

Options
I do great at work but no sooner than I get home I want bacon, oreos, doritos, hamburgers... all the yummy stuff that I simply should eat a whole lot of. How can I curve myself to want to eat healthier and less of this junk food when I'm not the only one that eats and does the grocery shopping in my house? These things will be here whether I want them there or not...

Replies

• beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Find healthier solutions to the cravings. Make turkey burgers and put them in the freezer so you have a good go-to when the hamburger craving hits. If you really want chips, bake corn tortillas with a little bit of salt so you have your own tortilla chips.
  • JustineDianaD
    JustineDianaD Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is me exactly!
    I've started making my big meals morning and afternoon, that way I'm not as hungry at home...
    So I have a huge healthy breakfast at work, snacks, healthy lunch, snack...
    When I get home I'm "Usually" not craving the junk food thats all around!

Good Luck :)
  • sammypate91
    Options
    Hey! I was in the same situation as you are. At my house, there is ALWAYS some junk food. What I did was start cutting it back slowly. Replace one junk food with one healthy food. After you got that accomplished for a few days, replace two junk foods in your diet with two healthy foods. Keep that up until you aren't even thinking about the junk food. It will just take determination. It took me about a full month to get over the urge of eating extremely unhealthy food. I was miserable and angry for that month because it didn't seem fair that my friends could eat whatever they wanted but if I wanted to be thin I would have to work for it. Also, its ok to have a slip-up every now and then, just as long as you don't slip-up enough to go back to your old eating habits
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey! I was in the same situation as you are. At my house, there is ALWAYS some junk food. What I did was start cutting it back slowly. Replace one junk food with one healthy food. After you got that accomplished for a few days, replace two junk foods in your diet with two healthy foods. Keep that up until you aren't even thinking about the junk food. It will just take determination. It took me about a full month to get over the urge of eating extremely unhealthy food. I was miserable and angry for that month because it didn't seem fair that my friends could eat whatever they wanted but if I wanted to be thin I would have to work for it. Also, its ok to have a slip-up every now and then, just as long as you don't slip-up enough to go back to your old eating habits

This is a good idea!!
  • carriebostic
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. I find that my willpower is not that strong still. If it's not in the house, I have no problem. If it's in the house, I can't stay away. So I just don't have it.

We have nothing bad in the house except edy's slow churned ice cream- because I don't love ice cream that much. Once it's out of the house, you will either eat the healthy stuff or find something else to do!