Story to go along with profile pic

Options
84jeepster
84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
I just posted a new profile picture and a few people have asked about it, so I am posting this for anyone that cares. This was copied and edited from a message that I sent to a few MFP friends seeking advice on my plan moving forward.

April/May 2011 - 257 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!! Felt fat, jiggly and out of shape so I ran my *kitten* off, literally!

Started MFP on Aug 29, 2011 - 240lbs/unknown BF%
My goal was a muscular body with 6 pack abs. I had been down close 220 about 6 years ago but never had abs. I decided 210 was a good first goal weight and I would go from there. MFP goals set to lose 2lbs/week since Aug 29 and had "light active" as daily activity level. I was doing some P90X workouts and running several times a week for long miles. I ate most of my exercise cals back but not all every day. I can't remember where macros were set for this time period.

Despite working out and watching what I ate, in Nov/Dec I noticed my weight loss being slowed down and decided that I wasn't eating enough so started eating back nearly all calories but I did have some overages on weekends and holidays.

Dec 19, 2011 - 212lbs/21% BF (using handheld digital reader)
Jan 16, 2012 - 210lbs/20% BF (using handheld digital reader)
I officially started P90X on Dec 19 and still toss in some runs when I have the time or I am away from home. I didn't weigh between Dec 19 and Jan 16. According to MFP, I should have lost 8 pounds, but lost only 2, keeping in mind some holidays meals and beverages. MFP had calories set to 1610 or so at that weight. I had my macros set at 50P/30C/20F but I didnt stay at that 100% of the time. I can definitely see an improvement in strength and appearance. I even have some veins in my biceps!!!

My job is not a typical "deskjob" but I have been spending more time at my desk lately so I just lowered my activity level to the lowest setting of "sedentary". MFP lowered my calories to 1430.

I am at 210lbs but can only barely, and I mean barely, see my abs. Here is my tentative plan of attack to finish unveiling them. I will continue to lose fat pounds while maintaining muscle until I get my BF% down to like 10%. I will then switch to muscle gain mode and get ripped!!!!

Exercise
I have 2 more months of p90x left that I would like to finish as I can tell my strength and appearance are improving and I want to be able to say I finished it. I have some long trail races in April (9.3 miles) and May (11 mile Tough Mudder) so I need to keep my running up as well. I will try to get two shorter (4-5 miles) runs in and one longer (10 miles) run per week. I wear an HRM with a chest strap for all cardio exercises and track exactly what I burned and I will not be counting my strength training as calories burned at all.

Diet
I will keep my calories as they are currently at 1430. I will eat my cardio exercise calories back to net as close to 1430 as I can. I will keep my macros set at 50P/30C/20F. I have been better with sticking to that for past few days.

If anyone wants to offer more advice, feel free as I am always open to suggestions. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• cockneypaul
    cockneypaul Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thats great work, I am really impressed with the weight loss and great shape , I am currently not loosing any weight and run between 15 and 20 miles a week, my calories are about 1250 a day I burn between 500 and 1000 cals every day (with Heart monitor) and I eat 80% back during the week and go a bit over the top at the weekends. I cant figure out why, But I am going to stick with it, I am about 191 - 3 lbs, a good physique (good back, arms legs and *kitten*) except for beer belly and moobs. Doing my head in a bit. but hey ho.

Bloody well done, you have inspired me matey.
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well what ever you are doing, it is working!! You look awesome!!
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Jeepster,

I have a similar training regime coming up. Only on day 10 of P90X but I also have a series of trail runs coming up, 8-9k in Feb, March and April (my first ever). Finding it hard to run as well as P90X so I'm hoping it gets my physically fitter over the next few weeks so I when I get back out pounding the streets my respiratory and cardiovascular fitness will make a difference.

I have been undereating since Xmas so trying to up that to avoid plateau. Again, I don't eat back all my exercise calories, probably only half. I personally think that works better. I however struggle to lose the "weight", I typically pile on muscle early and the fat doesn't move. Trying to major protein (without supplements for once tho) and keep cutting out carbs/fat so I can get my BF down - it never seems to budge!

You don't look like 20% BF in the picture, much closer to 10%. I am north of 25% right now so have more to lose.

Good luck with those last few % and the rippage!
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    A friend has the digial handheld body fat analyzer thing that is supposedly a lot more accurate than the calipers. I was 21% and then in a month went to 20%. I have never had this appearance before so I have no idea of what 10% body fat would look like on me.

I love trail runs and I hate to run on the road. The local trails have been so muddy that I feel it is unsafe to run on them right now so I am restricted to the road. Once things dry out, or freeze solid, I will hit the trails again cuz I love getting muddy!

Good luck
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!