Weight question

Options
Hi, I have a question I was in the hospital last week and the hospital scale said I was 383 lbs. Well that shocked me so I start using MFP. So today i went to the doctor for a follow up and the dr scale said I has 368 lbs. But it has only been one week. Which should I go by?

My home scale doesn't go past 250 :(

Replies

• alaina06
    Options
    I would go by the doctors scale - its the most recent and maybe more accurate. Plus, you will likely be going back to that same doctor eventually and use that same scale. Not the case with the hospital. Good luck. :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    What time of the day did you go? Did you eat before hand?

Since you will be going back to the doctor and hopefully not the hospital, it may be best to select that weight so that you can compare your progress on the same scale.
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Go with your doctors scale. It is possible to lose 20 lbs in a week, especially if you were retaining water. The first several pounds that you drop especially if you change from drinking pop, to drinking water, and tea and different things. Don't worry, things will work out the way you want them to, as long as you work hard, and keep your head up, and don't give up.
  • erikjacki
    erikjacki Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would stick with the Dr scale too... they may have had you on some meds that changed the weight in the hospital too.. though that does sond like a very drastic amount. Good luck on your new journey.