It's really hard to work out when......

Options
Your tire on your bike trainer goes flat and you have to run around your apartment for 20 minutes.:noway:

My tire was so flat I wasn't get any resistance whatsoever....it's too late to go for a walk or bike ride outside, and my boyfriend is holding the TV hostage watching a wings game so I couldn't do a workout video.

Desperate to not go over my calories (I really want my PM snack), I jogged around my apartment for 20 minutes, and let me tell you, my apartment is not very big. My cat was flipping out, he kept getting all googly eyed everytime I was coming toward him and he kept running to get out of the way and almost tripping me everytime. I eventually had to lock him in the bedroom. Not a bad workout though considering how silly it was, I could feel it in my calves.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Your tire on your bike trainer goes flat and you have to run around your apartment for 20 minutes.:noway:

My tire was so flat I wasn't get any resistance whatsoever....it's too late to go for a walk or bike ride outside, and my boyfriend is holding the TV hostage watching a wings game so I couldn't do a workout video.

Desperate to not go over my calories (I really want my PM snack), I jogged around my apartment for 20 minutes, and let me tell you, my apartment is not very big. My cat was flipping out, he kept getting all googly eyed everytime I was coming toward him and he kept running to get out of the way and almost tripping me everytime. I eventually had to lock him in the bedroom. Not a bad workout though considering how silly it was, I could feel it in my calves.
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    Hehehe! Well you have to do what you have to do to lose weight! I do the same thing when I just don't want to climb the hill at my school to go to the gym and be stared at by skinny people! heheh! :happy:
  • Nessc
    Nessc Posts: 137 Member
    Options

I am a qualified teacher who is patiently waiting for a teaching job to open up in my area. One day while I was substitute teaching, I so desperately wanted to walk. I couldn't go outside and the students were gone to computer lab and P. E. I was stuck in the room for 1 hour. In the room there is a petition that separates the classroom from the storage area students use for bookbags and coats. I took advantage of my situation and I walked around and around and around the petition, then I ventured out into the empty classroom to make a few rounds. It was the best of the situation, but it worked for what I needed. Sometimes we have to go to extreme measures to work out :laugh:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Good for you for still getting something in!