My 5 yr old asked for a 3rd helping of Strawberries tonight!

Options
that was even after she ate her cantaloupe and triscuits and hummus for snacks.

I am loving this lifestyle not only for myself but for how much my kids are getting out of this!!

How have your kids changed since you've started??? Toot your horn!! :)

Replies

• gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options

I am loving this lifestyle not only for myself but for how much my kids are getting out of this!!

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    glad to see you charged up again!:happy:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

I make my oldest try everything that I am eating but so far it's been a no go. I have to make dinner for myself and the hubs and make her something else. all other meals are ok. for some reason she is not big on chicken I think it's because it takes to long for her to chew.

Great job on getting your 5yr old to eat hummus.
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    My daughter is the healthy one in our family. If I ate like her (a pescatarian with probably a 60-70% vegetable consumption!) I would be soooooooooo healthy! The goal is for each generation to be healthier than the last, right?????! :smile:
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    ive always tried to keep good things in the house for my 3yo the kid can gobble up some lettuce, broccoli, and fruit....i just never ate them myself. so it hasnt been a big change for him. :blushing: but for me it has. he wont try hummus...yet. i also sneak veggie puree into his foods, like butternut squash and sweet potatoes, into his mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. i have a recipe for browines with spinach(it says you cant taste it) in them at 130cal a piece im gonna try out on him this weekend.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    ive always tried to keep good things in the house for my 3yo the kid can gobble up some lettuce, broccoli, and fruit....i just never ate them myself. so it hasnt been a big change for him. :blushing: but for me it has. he wont try hummus...yet. i also sneak veggie puree into his foods, like butternut squash and sweet potatoes, into his mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. i have a recipe for browines with spinach(it says you cant taste it) in them at 130cal a piece im gonna try out on him this weekend.

my co-workers wife sneaks the veggies in too. their 4 yo would not eat anything but pumpkin bread. they looked into it and have made tons of sneaky veggie recipes and swear by them. i think its a fantastic idea really.

let us know how the brownies come out! :drinker:
  • CassieNic
    Options

my co-workers wife sneaks the veggies in too. their 4 yo would not eat anything but pumpkin bread. they looked into it and have made tons of sneaky veggie recipes and swear by them. i think its a fantastic idea really.

let us know how the brownies come out! :drinker:

they might like the 'deceptively delicious' cookbook that i have, every recipe is made with a veggie puree. some of them are really good.
  • CassieNic
    Options
    oops.