Goal Weight..To stop logging or not??

So I reached my goal weight about 3 months ago...I have slowly increased my calories and allowance to work my way to maintenance have been maintaining the same weight since October 2011 (even survived the holidays)....soooo...

My question is - for those that have reached goal, are you still logging and do you plan to continue logging and if so for how long??

I feel at this point, I am comfortable with my food and know my body well enough to know what I need to eat/balance needed for maintance, so I am going to stop logging as an experiment for two weeks to see if I still maintain. I will still log my excercise as all of my new goals are fitness related (running 5k, toning & shaping, and improving my weight lifting strenght) so I feel MFP will be a great tool for that and I can track my measurements on here as well as I tone more.

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Just reached my goal weight this morning and I think I'll keep logging. I have a tendency to slip without realizing it, which is how I managed to gain my weight gradually over several years before I looked up and said oh wait, that's not good. :)
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Yeah, I think I will have to stick to it, or I will fall backwards, of course I have plenty lbs to go LOL
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    I now only log my "out of whack" days. My "normal" days are pretty routine. But if I eat something that has not been in my diet or I feel like I'm indulging - I will log to see how bad I'm doing. Like the other day I went out to lunch with friends so when I got back I logged my breakfast (although it was my normal breakfast) and my lunch so I knew how much I could have at dinner and if I needed to add an extra mile to my run.

Like you - I know what my "normal" days look like so I don't log as much as I did when I was really trying to lose!
  • l have been at my goal weight for 4 months now and I still log.
  • I still post almost everyday and reached my goal weight at the beginning of january. Can't help myself, it's become an addiction!
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    I plan to continue logging for the forseeable future. I know my pattern - maintain for a while, then slowly, gradually let the whole thing slip out of control and regain. The antidote for me is to be mindful and logging keeps me mindful.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    I passed my goal weight a while ago and as I trimmed the fat off went to a weight I didn't know I could be at and look good and I still log :)
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    I now only log my "out of whack" days. My "normal" days are pretty routine. But if I eat something that has not been in my diet or I feel like I'm indulging - I will log to see how bad I'm doing. Like the other day I went out to lunch with friends so when I got back I logged my breakfast (although it was my normal breakfast) and my lunch so I knew how much I could have at dinner and if I needed to add an extra mile to my run.

Like you - I know what my "normal" days look like so I don't log as much as I did when I was really trying to lose!

this is what I was thinking..I have been on maintenance for 3 months and have stayed on target, even over holidays..I know what to do if I eat out or when I can afford too....I have my staple breakfasts, lunches and great recipes for supper.....My thought is I have to ween off it sometime as I don't plan to log for the rest of my life...I am going to give it a two week trial to see if I still maintain while not logging....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!