How I want to die....

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Bacon Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake

ZfTw8xWf13c213132343736323FEvfehL8_1292538087.jpg

* Crust:
* 2 cups Low-Fat Graham Cracker Crumbs (cookie must be low-fat to avoid soggy crust)
* 2 Tbs. Butter, melted
* 2 Tbs. Sugar
* 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
* 1/2 cup extra-crispy Bacon Crumbles
* 1/2 cup ground Almonds
* Cheesecake:
* 24 oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
* 1/2 cup Sugar
* 3 Large Eggs
* 1 cup Heavy Cream
* 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
* 1 Tbs. Vanilla Extract
* 1 Tbs. Bourbon
* Bacon Turtle Topping:
* 1 cup Sugar
* 1 Tbs. water
* 3 Tbs. cold Bacon Fat (drained and chilled until solid after cooking the bacon)
* 1 Tbs. Butter
* 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
* 1/2 package of Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
* 1/3 cup extra-crispy Bacon Crumbles

directions

Cheesecake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Begin to boil a large pot of water for the water bath.

Mix together the crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. (Use enough of the crust ingredients to make the crust 1/4 inch deep)

Tap your crust with an empty drinking glass for an even texture. It should be fairly dry...the bacon will render some fat into the crust as it bakes, and anything else will result in the dreaded soggy-crust.

Cover and store the extra crust crumbs in the refrigerator.

Combine cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl and cream together with a hand mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each before adding the next. Scrape down the bowl in between each egg. Add heavy cream, vanilla, lemon juice, and alcohol and blend until smooth and creamy.

Pour batter into prepared crust and tap the pan on the counter to remove air bubbles. If using a springform pan, place the pan into the center of the oven, and place 3 smaller cake pans around and under the cheesecake. Fill the empty cake pans with boiling water. (OK, OK, or use a true water bath. Hate, hate water baths.) If using a foil baking dish, insert into a larger cake pan and fill the outside, empty pan with boiling water.

Bake 45 to 55 minutes. The edges will be set, but the center will have alot of jiggle to it and will appear uncooked. Carefully run a knife around the edges to release the cake and avoid cracking. Without removing the cake, close the oven door and turn it off; let the cake rest for one hour. Remove it, cover, and refrigerate overnight.

After the cheesecake has cooled overnight, remove it from the springform pan, press the remaining crust crumbs into the sides of the cheesecake, and place on your serving plate.

Bacon Caramel Sauce

Stir together sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a shallow sauce pan. It should be dry and crumbly. Cook the sugar/water over medium-high heat. Gently stir the grainy sugar mixture into the sugar that is melting in the center of the pan.

Shake the pan rather than stirring after all the sugar has melted, and bring to a boil. Let boil until amber in color.

Remove from heat and stir in cream. Let the sauce thicken for 20 minutes, then pour over the top of your cheesecake, letting some pool in the middle.

Bacon Caramel Drizzle

Microwave the chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds, and stir until all of the chips are melted. If some pieces remain, microwave for another 30 seconds and stir.

Carefully fill a piping bag with the melted chocolate and decorate your cake. Sprinkle the bacon pieces onto the chocolate immediately. The chocolate will harden into a bacon-candy shell once cooled.

******************************************************************************************************************

Do not resuscitate please. :love:

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    That's an excellent way to go.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    OMFG! That is the best way to go...only way to top it now would be to eat that while having sex then that would be having your cake, eating it to, coming and going at the same time... talk about the perfect way to DIE!!!!:bigsmile:
  • fesse02
    fesse02 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Put down the fork, I will save you...... and give me that! It's a sacarfice I'm willing to make, my life for yours.

You're welcome :bigsmile:
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Oh hell...the fact that I've been craving cheesecake AND it has bacon...
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Put down the fork, I will save you...... and give me that! It's a sacarfice I'm willing to make, my life for yours.

yes, Shannon, fesse and i will help save you *grabs more forks*
  • pammiegirl1117
    pammiegirl1117 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Your *kitten* is crazy for real!!! ROTLMAO!!!!!!!!!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    That's an excellent way to go.

Hey C...Let's put that knife to good use and serve ourselves up a slice!
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I believe I have found the gateway to heaven in this thread.......
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Getting caught in the gears of a combine....or having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I want to go!
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    OMFG! That is the best way to go...only way to top it now would be to eat that while having sex then that would be having your cake, eating it to, coming and going at the same time... talk about the perfect way to DIE!!!!:bigsmile:

coming and going....hahahaha!!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I can totally make this me friendly...
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Dear Shannon,
    I hate you with all my heart.
    Signed, Me. :tongue:
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Well damn, I'll have to find a different way to die. That's way too many ingredients.
  • Shannon023
    Options

yes, Shannon, fesse and i will help save you *grabs more forks*

Back off, sistah-friends! nunu.gif
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    You had me at bacon.
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options

Did you read the title? Not a chance in hell
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

coming and going....hahahaha!!!!
    Isn't that called a blumpkin?
  • Shannon023
    Options

Well, it does call for "low fat graham crackers". :laugh:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Nope, my friend and I are already working on it...It's not going be quite to fattening though :-(
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm not a good enough cook to make this.

:sad: :brokenheart:

I'll marry the woman who makes this for me!!!