Really sorry.... and embarrassed!

Options
I have been on MFP for awhile now but just recently started adding friends. Today I noticed that a lot of people mention that they will not accept a friendship request without a message to go along with it. I feel really awful, as I have sent a few requests without messages and certainly didn't mean to offend. I guess I didn't think about it being rude....Anyway- sorry to whomever I did that to!

:blushing:

Replies

• judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    No need to be sorry and embarrassed! It is what it is. And if they accepted you evidently it wasn't that big of deal to them either! :smile:
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I never send a message either.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I never send a message or expect one. To each, their own.
  • melbaby925
    Options
    It's not that big a deal - most of us want a message, so we can figure out how/why you want to friend us - was it something we said on a board? was it the profile? someone recommend that we be friends?

No worries and no need to apologize!
  • KYMUSE
    KYMUSE Posts: 66
    Options
    I've only sent one request. It was today, and I didn't send a message. Oh well. :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Well I never!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I actually put that in my header because every once in a while I get people with other"intensions" if you know what I mean? I had to make it clear that I only want friends who are here to get healthy together not "Hook-Up". Im happily married and dont need that kind of drama.....

So I think that is why people want to hear a msg before adding.

Hope that helps for next time....

Aloha ladies!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I try to send a message but I've never recieved one with a friend request :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone is offended. At worst they probably just think, "who is this person and why are they friend requesting me?". :)
  • tinalatina
    Options
    I actually put that in my header because every once in a while I get people with other"intensions" if you know what I mean? I had to make it clear that I only want friends who are here to get healthy together not "Hook-Up". Im happily married and dont need that kind of drama.....

So I think that is why people want to hear a msg before adding.

Hope that helps for next time....

Aloha ladies!

P.S. I also dont write people msgs all the time so we are all at guilt sometimes...no worries :)
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    No need to feel sorry or be embarrassed. You did nothing wrong. I do try to include a message so the person I'm requesting knows what about them or their profile made me want to be their friend. But it certainly isn't offensive if you didn't do so. I figure I'm just glad that I've got so many wonderful friends on here, and if someone else wants to add me then I'm happy to feel included :)

• tinalatina
    Options
    I don't think anyone is offended. At worst they probably just think, "who is this person and why are they friend requesting me?". :)

thats true....
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I assume they are jealous and want to sabotage me. It's quite logical, really.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    And some of the people who put that in their profile may have their profile as private. Which means the public at large can't READ that they would like a message. Don't sweat it.
  • may18052007
    Options
    I sometimes msg and sometimes don't, no need to worry. If you want to friend then you get to know them over time, don't you? :ohwell:
  • tinalatina
    Options
    I assume they are jealous and want to sabotage me. It's quite logical, really.

haha
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm just ANGRY that you didn't send me a friend request ;-) :explode:
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's rude at all to not include a message. I prefer them, though, because I like to know a little bit about people who wanna add me and why they wanna add me. But if there's no message, I don't get all honked off and think about what a mean, thoughtless, evil person the person is. :)
  • alimarieban
    Options
    Thanks to all who posted helpful responses! I'm glad to hear it's not the big of a deal- just always been one of those people who don't like to do something that might be considered rude. :-)
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options

Yes.