Keeping calories low but being full?

Options
2»

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Eggs and tuna are my secret weapons. (Not together! ; )

You could do though... Tuna nicoise salad! Lots of protein, low calorie, low fat, lots of vits and minerals/nutrition!
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a problem at all keeping my calories low and not feeling hungry at the end of the day. I eat dinner around 6pm and I'm full after that.

Usual Monday - Friday menu:

Breakfast: 3 egg whites or 1 hard boiled egg
    Turkey bacon or turkey sausage
    String cheese

Snack: Broccoli
    Low cal, low fat dip

Lunch: Chicken breast
    Broccoli
    Kidney Beans

Snack: Cottage cheese

Dinner: Talipia or Salmon
    Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
    Brown rice
  • Lorie66
    Lorie66 Posts: 66
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs and 2 slices of 12 grain bread.....2 glasses of water...will keep you full till lunch or later. Its ok to eat a big breakfast it will also give you more fuel for your workout and energy to keep going...and when you are moving you are not as hungry.
  • skrum2
    skrum2 Posts: 3
    Options
    EGG WHITES! They are about 15 calories a egg and fill me up. I have a container that goes in the microwave that boils two at a time and takes 1 min 30 sec. I have them every morning. Great way to start the day full and it lasts me til lunch.
  • Costello08
    Costello08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have yogurt and granola w/fresh fruit for breakfast and it keeps me going until lunch. Not a lot of granola though as it is a bit high in calories.
  • SteveHancock
    Options
    I eat 5-6 small (<400 Cal) "meals" per day. I like to eat so I make sure I keep up my exercise and that let's me eat more. If i don't exercise I have to compensate by not eating one of my meals, usually in the evening. I like big salads with protein and a small amount of low-fat dressing. Also, agree with the Greek yogurt. really love the stuff!
  • clareruth218
    clareruth218 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    - Hard boiled eggs on top of green veggie salads (all veggies, plus 2 eggs, plus a vinaigrette)
    - Veggie chili - homemade. All the beans in there fill you right up for very few calories
    - Oddly enough, honey nut cheerios when I need a sweet fix.
  • ShellHubbard
    Options
    I just started using the stuff Dr. Oz recommended, PGX Daily - he says his wife's personal trainer suggested it and he sent it to his chemists and found it be safe - it's a natural plant based fiber. I have never been able to stick to a low calorie plan before - I would give up because I was so hungry. But this fiber stuff really helps with my appetite - it reduces sugar cravings and just makes me feel full. Now that I'm taking it before lunch and dinner, I really am able to stick to my calorie goals. Of course, I still try to eat filling foods such as Triscuits, greek yogurt with raspberries, an apple with Laughing Cow light swiss cheese, even milk is filling. I guess I just need help getting used to eating less calories, so if a fiber supplement helps me with that, than Hooray!