Breakfast Ideas?

Options

Replies

• sameervasta
    Options
    The Kitchn has a few great roundups of quick and easy breakfast recipes, many of which are fairly low-calorie too:

http://www.thekitchn.com/10-hot-breakfasts-for-cold-and-131222
    http://www.thekitchn.com/10-makeahead-breakfasts-to-sta-155762

My best friend also has a few breakfast recipes on her blog. They are among the most delicious things I have ever eaten:

http://anthimeria.com/tag/breakfast/
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have a homemade non fat latte, one hard boiled egg and either a banana OR a nutrigrain bar. Its under 300 cals and its nice and easy (as the eggs are made ahead of time) since I leave the house at 630am!!!!
  • CronoCX
    CronoCX Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    -2 pieces of Canadian bacon
    -1 egg
    -cut up banana
    -blueberries
    Add light whip cream on top of bananas raspberries and blueberries!
    -raspberries
    -Raisin Bread with cream cheese (yum)
    All around 420-500 cals depending on size of each serving enjoy!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I love steel cut oats soaked in almond milk overnight - cook in about 5 minutes - I add honey and cinnamon - yum!

Or a protein shake:

1 cup frozen blueberries
    1 cup almond milk
    2 TB cocoa powder
    1 scoop vanilla whey

or

1 cup almond milk
    1 scoop vanilla whey
    1 TB cocoa powder
    2 TB PB2 (powdered peanut butter) <
    www.bellplantation.com

or

scramble a couple of eggs, sprinkle with salt, pepper, mozzarella and serve with a slice of 100% whole wheat bread toasted and slathered with a TB of apple butter. mmm mmmm!

Eggs, toast, and smoothies are all quick breakfasts!
  • natnatwilliams
    Options
    Bircher Muesli is delicious and you can make a weeks worth at once and just serve up a portion per day.

http://health.ninemsn.com.au/dietandnutrition/recipes/693723/bircher-muesli

I toast the slivered almonds and some shredded coconut and keep aside until serving so that it has a nice crunch.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I just ate cottage cheese(80cal/.5 cup) with sugar free strawberry preserves (only 10 cal/tbsp). It tastes really good, it would be perfect for breakfast.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    im totally not a breakfast person but i eat it anyway because its been helpful for my weight loss.. i typically have plain oatmeal and sprinkle cinnamon on it --no milk or sugar ... and i buy a carton of egg whites ..i use a 1/2c of egg whites, chopped red bell pepper, freeze dried minced onion , italian seasoning and pepper.. then i throw it in the microwave for about 90 seconds. then i sprinkle some franks hot sauce on it for some zip
  • thejen75
    Options
    I have to say, good old fashioned instant oatmeal - the Quaker hearty oatmeal packets, and I toast two slices of 35 calorie bread, and use the 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!" spray. All together, it totals just under 250 calories, and will sustain you throughout your morning. You can always add an apple or orange, and you're golden! :-)
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's Oatmeal, so I started making my own healthier version at home.

Quaker steal cut oats made with 2% milk.
    Add 1/8 cup each of raisins, and diced apples, 2tbs craisins and a dash of your favorite cinnamon, low calorie syrup or brown sugar.
    Actually with good home cooked oatmeal you can add pretty much any fruit and it'll be a fairly high protein and fiber breakfast under 300 calories. filling too.
  • granam0
    Options
    A dietician told me once that I should not buy raisin bran as the raisins are dredged in sugar.
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    These all look like great ideas! Snagging them for myselfish. :-)
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    1 Cup of Plain Cheerios
    1/2 Cup of organic soy milk

or

1/2 cup plain oatmeal
    1/2 cup of organic soy milk
    1tbsp of ground flax seed
    1tsp of "ideal" low cal sweetener

I'm looking into recipes for energy/protein bars to eat for breakfast and take on bike rides. I'm going to try a few this weekend and I'll be sure to post a thread in the recipes section.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Also remember, if breakfast is hard for you, it could be because you are thinking only of "breakfast" foods.

I hardly ever eat a traditional "breakfast". I just eat leftovers, or lunch/dinner type foods.
  • coponen
    coponen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites fried
    top with 1 oz Mozzerela cheese
    1 slice of whole wheat bread

Put eggs on toast ( I like a little ketchup)
    So Yummy!! I can't wait to eat in the morning
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love an 8oz serving of plain greek yogurt with blueberries and raw cashews. I like to put a few drops of liquid Stevia in it too. It's filling and delicious. I like to add a slice of toast to that too. :)
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love eggs too! They're good with anything! And they're healthy too.
  • lindamac101
    Options
    My go to breakfast is fat free greek yogurt, buy either Fage or Chobani, plain(there are cheaper versions but if you read the nutrional info you will see the cheaper brands have more sugar and less protein, add some fruit to it and I use some vanilla liquid stevia to make it taste sweeter. This will fill you up and is also easy to take with you to have for lunch at work.
  • AlaskaLily
    Options
    2 Cage Free Omega-3 eggs
    You can add veggies, meat, cheese whatever you like
    Dash(s) of Hot Sauce
    Pinch of:
    Garlic Powder
    Salt
    Pepper
    Non stick cooking spray or enough butter to coat the bottom of a small frying pan

Whisk it all up for about 1-2 minutes and pour it into the Frying pan or Omelet pan if you have one. Cook it on medium heat for a couple of minutes covered. Flip and add your stuffing. Let cook one more minute and then fold it over and put it on a plate.

Not my Prettiest Omelet but it tastes good. Sometimes i will steam some steamed asparagus to it if i have the time.

[img]http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q484/bobbymorgan23/Weightloss Journey/2012-01-11_09-18-27_114.jpg[/img]

i think i see siracha there! key breakfast component!
  • kan319
    kan319 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yum these all sound so good!