LA fitness...any goers???

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I am giving consideration to switiching to it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my little gym and am not crazy about chains but this is on my way to my new job. My current gym is an hour away from my new job, so sadly i am gonna have to part and make the switch...do any of you go to LA fitness and whats it like????

Replies

• FitJoani
    Options
    I am giving consideration to switiching to it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my little gym and am not crazy about chains but this is on my way to my new job. My current gym is an hour away from my new job, so sadly i am gonna have to part and make the switch...do any of you go to LA fitness and whats it like????
  • joealtieri
    Options
    Any chance you are talking about the new one in Monroeville??
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    they have all the latest...some clubs are too busy some arent...

one thing....

NEGOTIATE...NEGOTIATE NEGOTIATE

you can get a great deal...
    DO NOT let them do an authomatic debit to your checking account...pay in advance if you can you get the best deal or pay three months

they want you to join so you can make a good deal,,,,

get a free pass and go at the time you would normally go and see if you like it

be careful about signing up for a trainer....

Do not be afraid to ask them anything....its your money!
  • FitJoani
    Options
    Any chance you are talking about the new one in Monroeville??
    nah the one in bridgeville. I have to hit the highway to get to work and its a hop skip and a jump away...
  • FitJoani
    Options
    they have all the latest...some clubs are too busy some arent...

one thing....

NEGOTIATE...NEGOTIATE NEGOTIATE

you can get a great deal...
    DO NOT let them do an authomatic debit to your checking account...pay in advance if you can you get the best deal or pay three months

they want you to join so you can make a good deal,,,,

get a free pass and go at the time you would normally go and see if you like it

be careful about signing up for a trainer....

Do not be afraid to ask them anything....its your money!
    thank you!!!! I am gonna be going in midmorning. or if worst comes to worst afterwork cause they are open late
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I just started to go to LA Fitness two weeks ago. I like the one I go to because it is big, and even when there are alot of people it does not feel crowded, and there always seems to be enough equipment to go around. I am sure each location will vary, so check it out for free first to be sure though! good luck
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I go to one in Michigan, and I love it. Mine is never very busy, I have never had to wait for a cardio machine, and I rarely have to wait for a weight machine. I haven't had any issues with billing, but my guess is that I wouldn't unless I tried to cancel or suspend my membership. I've never been a member anywhere else, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but my experience so far has been really great.