30 Day Shred, not losing weight...grrr!

Options
2»

Replies

• Back2Biz
    Back2Biz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30 Day Shred, all the way through, twice and have lost 20 pounds. If you are just starting out you might be building muscle, which is why you are losing inches and not weight. You should be pushing yourself as hard as you can and watching yourself for good form and increasing your weights with each level. That's how you get maximum results. But honestly, if you are eating processed foods that are high in carbs, sugar and/or sodium then you are just sabotaging your workout.

Stick with it and adjust your diet... do it for one week and I guarantee you will see results! Best of Luck to you!!
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    I gained 4pounds, but lost 24 inches. Fantastic trade-off IMO.
  • Doraboyes
    Doraboyes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting ready to start level 2 and I haven't lost any weight either I'm thinking about quitting too! My knees are bothering me
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    How is your diet? How are you calculating the calories burned, you really don't burn much during it. So make sure you aren't eating too much calories, thinking you burned more.

What I do, is do 30 mins of cardio before the 30ds. So today, I did the treadmill for 30 min, then the 30ds. That way, I burn a lot more for the day instead of just a couple hundred or so.

Edit...just noticed this was started back in 2012. Oh well, I answered for anyone having a problem now.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting ready to start level 2 and I haven't lost any weight either I'm thinking about quitting too! My knees are bothering me

Probably because Jillian Michaels doesn't squat to parallel. Every fitness dvd personality does that same crap. Sacrificing form for speed and a higher heart rate.