Can someone look at my diary?

Options
2»

Replies

• ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you are actually burning 500 calories on the treadmill 6 days a week and are only eating say 1400 calories a day ... after exercise you're only eating 900. You need to up that. Drink more water. You seem to eat a LOT of frozen/ready to go meals which are high in sodium.. which causes one to hold onto water weight.

Eat more fresh things... increase your fruits and veggies.

spot on...............
    eat more/
    less sodium
    more water
    more frequent/grazing....
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

I've been burning 500 calories a day 6 days a week on the treadmill, you think I should up that? (don't mean that sarcastically!) I'm so nervous to eat back my exercise calories!!!

I must have read it wrong. At any rate, I would shake up your workout routine. Try HIIT, and maybe join a team sport like soccer.
  • minkusbunny
    Options
    Hey girl!

I think that breakfast is doing you in. You have to eat a breakfast which gives you protein and your body a healthy start for the day. Most of the time you are just having a clementine?? and/or just coffee. I remember when you were losing weight last year you would eat 2 eggs or so most mornings, and it worked for you. I think your body is going into starvation mode early and it's throwing off the rest of your day; while you're excercising your body is in starvation mode. Never good.

Try mixing up your breakfasts. Eggs is a good choice, granola (complex carbs and protein . . . just get it w/o flax lol) or maybe greek yogurt with some all-natural Peanut Butter (sodium/sugar free--just peanuts) mixed in? I

I have a few recipes I can send you which are healthy and low-cal. Try making a salad night and put everything delicious inside the salad--an egg, grilled chicken, fresh veggies, and mix it with some olive oil and vinegar. it is also easy to make your own vinegarrettes, and healthier, too! Also keep up the good work with the fish and chicken; I know eating meat can be hard for you.

I can ask my nutritionist at work to look at this, too, if you want. She can make some great suggestions. :)

In any case, I am so proud of you! You have been beastin it up the gym and getting your mind into a healthy place! Keep it up and the body will follow suit in no time. Love you lots.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    When you do cardio, mix it up! 15 mins treadmill, 15 mins bike, 15 mins ellipitcal. Or 20 mins walking, 10 mins biking, 20 mins elliptical! I change mine up daily.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Your profile is marked private, so i couldn't see your food diary. My advice....if you're working out, eat 1400 calories a day. Tons of veggies and a couple of fruits, surrounded by lots of lean protein. You'll ge there if you cheat rarely. Keep up the workouts though. They help tremendously!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Have you calculated your BMR? Where did you get your goal number? I did BMR and TDEE, and my BMR is 1,453, so I will NOT eat less than that. My TDEE is 1,883, so I stay under that. And then exercise cals are for weight loss. I was doing 30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30 and seeing measurements change, but didn't lose any weight. About a week and a half ago I started pairing that with Extreme Shed and Shred when I had time and the extra burn/cardio/time working out seems to be magical, because this week has consisted only of losses - I'm hoping it stays that way!