What's for dinner tonight?

Options
What healthy, delicious meal are you having tonight? Let's get some ideas on the "table". (psst... recipes are great too!). Some days I am great about preplanning and having it all together... but the flu hit us hard this week and I am playing catch up. So.. I am sure a few new idea would help us all. Thanks.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Chicken mango curry and brown rice, pretty low cal since I am using light coconut milk and chicken breast. Can't wait!
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Leftover Skinny-Taste Eggplant Parmesan and a salad
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Lean ground turkey meatloaf with fresh salsa...baked sweet yam with brown sugar...spinach salad with Balsamic Vinagrette...broccoli!

Now that I have put it in writing, I am even hungrier!
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Homemade "gravy" (spaghetti sauce) with pinot reduced mushrooms, onions, garlic and peppers over whole grain penne.
  • Smansfield1
    Smansfield1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Leftover Skinny-Taste Eggplant Parmesan and a salad

Can you post the recipe for this? I love eggplant Parmesan and am looking for a tasty yet lower call option.
    Thanks
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    We are making pork and I will have some veggies but I'm not sure how to prepare the pork in a yummy and nutritious way...
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Leftover Shepard's Pie
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Pasta and Bolognese with Turkey Meatballs and lite Garlic Bread! Maybe fit in a glass of red wine
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Probably grilled salmon and vegetables.
  • SRS1226
    SRS1226 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm trying a new dish tonight in my crock pot called Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken and Rice, my friend shared it with me from allrecipes.com

Ingredients

3 cups chicken broth
    1 1/2 cups converted long-grain white rice
    1/2 large white onion, sliced
    1 (24 ounce) jar salsa
    1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
    1 (1 ounce) packet dry taco seasoning mix, divided
    2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained

Directions

Pour the chicken stock into a slow cooker, and stir in the rice, onion, salsa, green chilies, and half the taco seasoning. Rub the remaining taco seasoning over the chicken breasts, and place into the cooker. Place the lid on the cooker, and set to high setting.
    Cook until the rice is thickened and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 3 hours. About 20 minutes before serving time, turn the cooker to warm setting. Remove the chicken breasts, and slice them. Stir the chicken and the black beans into the slow cooker. Return lid to cooker, allow the beans to heat, and serve.
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My sister and I are making a pizza on a whole wheat dough with fat free ricotta and veggies :)
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    chicken breast, corn, red potatoes, and broccoli !
  • tannjam
    tannjam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    tonight I am lazy so I am having a egg, peice of whole wheat toast and 2 slices turkey bacon...
  • jtcc91
    jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a new dish tonight in my crock pot called Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken and Rice, my friend shared it with me from allrecipes.com

Ingredients

3 cups chicken broth
    1 1/2 cups converted long-grain white rice
    1/2 large white onion, sliced
    1 (24 ounce) jar salsa
    1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
    1 (1 ounce) packet dry taco seasoning mix, divided
    2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained

Directions

Pour the chicken stock into a slow cooker, and stir in the rice, onion, salsa, green chilies, and half the taco seasoning. Rub the remaining taco seasoning over the chicken breasts, and place into the cooker. Place the lid on the cooker, and set to high setting.
    Cook until the rice is thickened and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 3 hours. About 20 minutes before serving time, turn the cooker to warm setting. Remove the chicken breasts, and slice them. Stir the chicken and the black beans into the slow cooker. Return lid to cooker, allow the beans to heat, and serve.

Wow..I *literally* just read this same recipe on allrecipes.com earlier today and thought it looked really good and easy to make! It's on my "to-make" list! Enjoy.. let us know how it turns out!
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    BBQ Meatloaf and Mashed Cauliflower. 397 cals for 1.5 servings of meatloaf + 1 cup cauliflower. Yum!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    For once I have nothing ready for dinner so not like me. Tomorrow I am thinking something with Chicken... Tonight be Deer night here
  • jtcc91
    jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    We're making breakfast for dinner tonight! I have lots of fresh asparagus to use up, so mine will be a healthy and delish omelette!
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    What my mother used to call "Seek and Ye Shall Find." Which mean, no cooking, you're on your own!!
  • MeRevisitedAgain
    MeRevisitedAgain Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wrapped tacos using ground turkey. The kids and I are making salsa and guacamole from scratch with my new Ninja. I also switched sour cream for greek yogurt. Plain greek yogurt is so nasty it tastes just like sour cream..lol.
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options