15 hous until my Final Weigh In to Win Work's Big Loser!

Options
jillica
jillica Posts: 554 Member
Any advice in my last 15 hours before I do my final weigh-in at my Work's Biggest Loser contest?

We're talking a CASH PRIZE here, people, so get down to the NITTY GRITTY! and Yes, I know the 15 hour weigt loss isn't healthy nor will it be permanent. I just want to WIN SOME MONEY! I'm in 2nd place.

Should I stop drinking water or drink even more water?
Should I NOT eat supper & breakfast?
Should I workout in the morning?

P.S. - I don't have access to a sauna and I'm not doing an enema!

Replies

• purplexplorer28
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT , I WON THE BIGGEST LOSER CONTES AT MY JOB AND WON 410.00 IT WAS GREAT I KEPT GOING AND NOW IVE DROPPED FROM 221 TO 178 IN 5 MONTHS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND DONT STOP WHEN THE CONTEST IS OVER ILL BE ONE OF YOUR BIGGEST SUPPORTERS.:wink:
  • aircantu1
    aircantu1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would drink lots of water and NOT work out. I always weigh a little more in the mornings if I work out in the late afternoon/ evening.
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, and be proud of all you hard work ! ! !
  • DenseGirl
    DenseGirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It is not healthy but stop drinking water now. Water weight is a big deal, Victoria Secret Models don't drink anything for 24 hours before a show. Workout as much as you can and drink as little water as possible would probably be my strategy.
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion. Please do not think that you are getting medical advice here. BUT, if I were going to do this, and IF my weigh in was going to be early in the day, I would eat a normal supper, get a good night's sleep, then get up kinda early. I would do some sort of cardio exercise that would really make me sweat. I would drink only enough water to keep my mouth from drying out (make sure you don't stop sweating ... it means you're dehydrating). I would eat a "light" breakfast -- and by "light" I mean something that doesn't weigh much (a Quaker rice cake comes to mind). Go to work. Weigh in. Drink lots of water and eat a little more breakfast. If your weigh in is in the afternoon ... I got nuthin. Good luck!
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    By the way, if you've changed your lifestyle to "healthy", you've already won.
  • jessielynn75
    Options
    I am a nurse and that is bad advice to give, the more water you drink, the more your body will let go of excessive water, therefore, no bloating, I would do low carbs, lots of water and tea, just do low cardio workout, like treadmill.
  • jessielynn75
    Options
    I'M JUST GONNA SAY THIS AGAIN, WATER WATER WATER, IT IS YOUR FRIEND, IT YOU DEPRIVE YOURSELF OF IT, YOUR BODY WILL HANG ON TO IT AND THATS MY MEDICAL OPINION.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH! : )
  • sunflowerjesss
    sunflowerjesss Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No advice, but GOOOOOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • EngiAli
    EngiAli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wrestled in high school - I've "cut weight" more then once in my life. No salt, no water, Small dinner, something that will fill you up but go through you fast - like salad and fruit. If you are super ambitious bundle up in a few layers and do a workout in the morning and get a good sweat on (exercise video, run etc). Pee as much as you can and of course the all important POOP! Gotta poop before your weigh in, hopefully nature takes care of that for you! There are some crazier things, like when the rules stated we had to weigh in wearing our singlets - but they didn't say you had to wear anything under them!! Pick out the lightest outfit you can find that would be acceptable to weigh in at work wearing. Skip the big panties, the long heavy pants, the padded bra. Shorts and a tank or even a cotton dress.
  • jillica
    Options
    Thanks, GUYS, for all the advice. I KNOW it is so hard to know what to do because I don't know how my body will react because I've never experimented with a "crunch time" scenario! I

The water is my big concern! I drink LOTS OF IT EVERYDAY! So I'm concerned as to how my body will respond to not getting it over a 12 hour span. Nurse vs Victor Secret Model - who shoud I follow:-) I'm just going with my gut. I'm going to go workout now and then workout in the morning. I figure the more sweat, the better - plus, I do know that my body weigh less after I work out! We'll see...the weigh in is in the morning.

Thanks to Flyer for saying that I've already won! So true - that is the great thing about Biggest Loser Contests! Even if you don't win, you are still a winner for being a loser! I feel GREAT and LOOK WAY BETTER!

I'm tied for 2nd so WHO knows what the other 2 girls will do OR if the 3rd place girl will sneak in with an upset!
    The biggest challenge will be to keep going after tomorrow. I did this last year and had gained it all back. This time around I have MFP with me and that has already made a world of difference!

I will let you know the results!
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • Aimelish70
    Aimelish70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Drink water... if your body is dehydrated it stores water and makes you bloated. When you drink plenty of water and teas it's cleansing your body of the toxins. You will notice right away that you are not bloated or retaining large amounts of water because your body is happy and hydrated.. I suggest eating a good low sodium meal before you go to bed and get a work out in before you get to work. Weighing in in the mornings always works best for me, hopefully it's not a middle of the day weigh in.

FYI... this is coming from someone that was not very good at drinking enough water... now I carry a water bottle with me everywhere and there really is a difference.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Someone said lots of water, but I'd say give yourself a cut off time for food and drinks atleast 4 hours before bedtime. Do a last chance work out, the night before and morning if possible. If you do feel thirsty, take sips of water. I also know that time in the sauna helped me. I had a 4 lb loss for my last week on a challenge, but I knew it would come back since it was mostly water weight. Good Luck.
  • jillica
    Options
    Yay! I just limited my water and food intake and did both a night and morning workout.

I could definitely tell during my morning workout that I as getting dehydrated but the weirdest thing was that I was sweating more than normal! Odd, right?

My final weigh-in percentage was at 9.94%. So the way I figure it, I will win unless the leader loses 3 lbs which is VERY doable for her. P.S. - I'm NOT checking in today's weight into MFP because I know it isn't my TRUE WEIGHT. I'll save that for my normal check-in day which is Monday.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    As a scientist, I'd definitely recommend focusing on your long-term goals, rather than succumbing to the pressure of a silly contest.
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm dying to know if you won, but either way you are a WINNER!
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    I'm with the wrestler. No salt, minimal water, and take a diuretic like Midol tonight.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i gain weight when i drink water ... i try to pee before weigh in lol ... helps me .. and good luck .. we have ours april .
  • JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    No salt for the rest of the day. Stick to fruits and water.
    Do not drink or eat in the morning before the weigh in.
    Sweat as much as you can tonight.
    Wear really light clothing tomorrow and take off any jewelry, hair accessories, and shoes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!