bicycle?

Options
I recently started cycling (around 30 minutes a day). I was wondering if this is a good exercising to lose the weight? I normally just walk and jog every day, but wanted to start with the bicycle. I've heard mixed reviews about the bike, some say that its great while others say that you can get really big and muscular legs (which i DONT want!! LOL). THANKS!!

Replies

• nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    I recently started cycling (around 30 minutes a day). I was wondering if this is a good exercising to lose the weight? I normally just walk and jog every day, but wanted to start with the bicycle. I've heard mixed reviews about the bike, some say that its great while others say that you can get really big and muscular legs (which i DONT want!! LOL). THANKS!!
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I lost 45 lbs at one point by biking. I condone it 100%. I did not get big muscular legs either. I found that by keeping the resistance a little lower seems to prevent it. That way your're not pushing SO hard that you're tearing your muscles too much. But still keep enough resistance (especially if you're on a flat surface) to get your heart rate up. I got up to doing 7 miles everyday and it felt great. If I had a bike now, you best believe I'd be riding it every day! I have actually been doing half of my workout on the stationary bike for the last week and I am seeing results that I haven't seen in weeks. Again, I condone riding a bike 100%.