feeling plateau-ed :(

Options
hey everyone, i'm feeling like i've plateaued. these last stubborn 10-15 will not move. eating super clean, keep increasing the cardio, nothing seems to be working? any suggestions? feeling a little defeated!

Replies

• laurahbass
    Options
    hey everyone, i'm feeling like i've plateaued. these last stubborn 10-15 will not move. eating super clean, keep increasing the cardio, nothing seems to be working? any suggestions? feeling a little defeated!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    are you strength training? drinking your water? eating your exercise calories? everyone seems to suggest these important components, espec for the final stretch.

those last pounds are very hard to lose and the going is veeerrrrryyy slllooooowwww. don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    I feel your pain!! I was the same weight for 4 weeks!! today was my weigh in day and i lost 4 lbs!! All i can say is DON'T GIVE UP!! i almost did!, but im glad i didn't. :smile: good luck
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    maybe try switching things up a bit .How many calories do you eat during the day? How much exercise are you getting now and how many times a week?You maybe need to eat a bit more or exercise a bit less to trick your body .Different plans work for different people and you just need to play around with things until you find what works best for your body.:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    if it hasnt been a full month yet I wouldnt consider it a plateau...perhaps take 1-3 days off then go back full swing and see if it changes things
  • HipsLipsMama
    Options
    Calorie Cycling!!! Look it up... then go to freedieting.com and click on calorie calculator on left hand side, then input your info and towards the bottom of the calculator click "zig zag calories" this will give you an amount to eat every day. The average daily amount is the same over the week but each day is different so it tricks your metabolism into never staying at one level of burning. It helped me lose 15 lbs in the past and i am doing it again - already lost 3 lbs (in 1 week!)

My profile has my cal cycling schedule...feel free to IM me if you have any more questions! :)
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Options
    Try adding in a different form of exercise - a workout DVD or a different piece of equipment. Make sure you are not eating the same stuff every day as well. Increase your water intake and see if that helps. Just keep at it..The last 10lbs is the worst - it's been with you the longest......Good Luck!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Calorie Cycling!!! Look it up... then go to freedieting.com and click on calorie calculator on left hand side, then input your info and towards the bottom of the calculator click "zig zag calories" this will give you an amount to eat every day. The average daily amount is the same over the week but each day is different so it tricks your metabolism into never staying at one level of burning. It helped me lose 15 lbs in the past and i am doing it again - already lost 3 lbs (in 1 week!)

My profile has my cal cycling schedule...feel free to IM me if you have any more questions! :)

Just checked this out.. lol Looks like im a little below my cals... Gahh i dont think ill ever really get the hang of it!! im going to stick to what im doing atm.. only been 2 weeks.. need to wait for another 3-4 weeks to see any results.. plus i have a hrm now so im gonna see how it goes! But thanks for the info!!

Katherine
  • laurahbass
    Options
    Thanks everyone...
    I am on the 1200 cals a day, exercising 7 days a week. weight training 5, walking (dogs) two hours daily, plus 45-60 mins of cardio 5 days a week. Drinking lots of water, eating very balanced meals. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong? Maybe my routine is stale? I feel like there's no way I can be any stricter
  • jentx
    jentx Posts: 244
    Options
    I'm no pro but it looks to me like you should up your calorie intake for that much exercise, you might be close to your body going into "starvation mode" and holding on to those last pounds.