low cal diet comeback

Options
I have had myself on a 1200 calorie diet for the past 2 months. I know i should gradually increase that to prevent my boedy from storing the extra calories i am eatting again as fat. How much should i increase by and how often so i can get back up to about 17/1800 calories?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I have had myself on a 1200 calorie diet for the past 2 months. I know i should gradually increase that to prevent my boedy from storing the extra calories i am eatting again as fat. How much should i increase by and how often so i can get back up to about 17/1800 calories?

about 150-200 a day, just a snack, for about a week.

Then add another snack or make a meal or two slighly bigger, so another 150-200, for another week.

You'll likely see no weight loss and perhaps some gain if your metabolism was suppressed by eating below your BMR.

During this time, try to increase your non-exercise daily activity. The type that really won't stress your system much, but does great at burning fat. Park farther away, use stairs more, when the smokers go for their break you go walk, during lunch walk.

And just make sure your net calories (for when you exercise) is above your BMR, but below your maintenance.
  • stammy27
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna try it out