Zumba

Options
Hey, I wanted to add a zumba workout to my exercise diary...but I noticed that there were no results when I searched for it. I don't have a heart rate monitor yet...hoping to get one for my bday in march. Is there a calorie average for zumba...or what is anyone else putting it under? Let me know please! Thanks!

Replies

• teresastrowz46
    teresastrowz46 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    when i first started my zumba class i was wondering the same thing...so i googled it and found a zumba calorie calculator. the website is zumbacalories.com. you put your weight in, how many minutes you worked out and at what level. I'm not sure how accurate it is because it doesn't really consider height and what not but it may give you a ball park figure. i've made friends with a gal in my class who has a heart rate monitor and is the same size as me (same height and one pound off!) so she tells me at the end of class how many calories she's burned so I put that in when I'm done. your own heart rate monitor will definitely give you the most accurate reading...i'd love to get one myself!
  • mommyRN0811
    mommyRN0811 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do aerobic dance
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    go to www.zumbacalories.com they calculate your calories based on weight and level of activity for Zumba class...
  • prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!