I must really mean business this time...

Options
:embarassed: I am not new to the whole diet/excercise thing but I am new to putting myself out in internet land & being held accountable by 1000's of people! Wow! I must really mean it this time...I do! I am at a place in my life where I really have no excuses. While my kids are busy & I feel like we are running almost every night; they are also at an age (12, 9 ,9 & 8) where they don't need me as much. Recently, the oldest turned 12 so now we have a built in babysitter if needed for 1 hour trips to the gym.
I just started tracking my food and excercise this week & I can see where I am blowing calories, where I can cut back & how much excercise I can fit in daily. It has been eye opening & motivational! I am very excited by the tools available & the opportunity to read success stories to keep me motivated. :happy:

Replies

• mamajen
    mamajen Posts: 3
    Options
    :embarassed: I am not new to the whole diet/excercise thing but I am new to putting myself out in internet land & being held accountable by 1000's of people! Wow! I must really mean it this time...I do! I am at a place in my life where I really have no excuses. While my kids are busy & I feel like we are running almost every night; they are also at an age (12, 9 ,9 & 8) where they don't need me as much. Recently, the oldest turned 12 so now we have a built in babysitter if needed for 1 hour trips to the gym.
    I just started tracking my food and excercise this week & I can see where I am blowing calories, where I can cut back & how much excercise I can fit in daily. It has been eye opening & motivational! I am very excited by the tools available & the opportunity to read success stories to keep me motivated. :happy:
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck!
  • markei1
    markei1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. Having supportive friends that are doing the same thing is very encouraging because you know that there aren't any negative nellies hanging out.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I am a very private person as well...But it really has helped me to be more accoutable. I love this site! Good luck to you!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • StacieLutes
    Options
    Just do it MamaJen! I've been with mfp for a little over a week and I'm having a blast! :laugh: I burned myself out in the gym and now I've decided to ride bikes, runwalk, take more trips up and down my stairs, and the best is playing and chasing my kids! It all counts! Good luck to you and keep us posted!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love it here, if you don't already. I love it here. This is a great site. It is very supportive, helpful, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: