Fast Food Question

Options
Unfortunatley I resort to fast food more often than I'd like due to my hectic schedule (single mom of active boy!) and long work hours. I've been making better choices (such as happy meal size rather than supersize meals!) and I've been staying within my alotted calories, fat grams, etc. Do y'all think that's okay or not good?

Replies

• OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    As long as you are logging the calories and are under I don't see a huge deal with it.
    You can even make things better by loading up on the veggies and avoiding the fries. There are also plenty of "fast food" places that are not your typical burger joints, like Subway and Togos. It is even easier to load up on veggies that you may be missing out on eating burgers.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't see a big deal with fast food in moderation - the same with anything, and it's great that you're making better choices.

'Better choices' is my motto for my own weight loss. I'm never going to be the type of person to eat a salad for lunch and have a handful of almonds whenever I'm hungry, but going to a Happy Meal instead of a big meal or picking a sandwich over a burger is something I can manage.

If you need to eat fast food sometimes, I say that's fine - just consider your choices and see if you COULD be having something better without sacrificing too much.
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    This journey takes baby steps! You are doing great by learning how to moderate your fast food!! Props for chosing healthier options and smaller portions! Proud of YOU