Hi from Louisiana!

Options
Hi, all! I've been using MFP for a couple of weeks now to track, and just stumbled onto the forums a few days ago. It's wonderful to see so much enthusiasm and encouragement! I currently weigh 235 (and never thought I'd feel comfortable sharing that info...) and my goal weight is between 150-160. I gained roughly 90 lbs over the last ten years, due to inactivity and bad eating, and I just miss being more active and healthier. It's limiting and embarrassing being this out of shape. My goal is to be at or near my goal weight by my next birthday (next January). So far I've just been eating smaller portions and tweaking my food choices. I hurt my knee pretty severely a few months ago, so I had about three or four months of NO activity. I started a new belly dance class two weeks ago, though, and I spend a minimum of 20 minutes a night practicing, and I do light weights MWF. So far, with just those tiny changes, I've averaged a 2 lb/week loss! So I'm very excited. It's been a good start.

Anyway, that's where I am right now, and I look forward to jumping into these forums a bit more!

Replies

• kaylaleclercq
    Options
    Im a louisiana girl!!! I weigh around 130 and im trying to get to 115 but i would be glad to help with motivation! Im working on exercising and eating right. Good luck!