What do I do with Almond Butter?

Options
2»

Replies

• clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Spread it on a romaine lettuce leaf drizzle with honey and roll up. Yum!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Its good in cookies and candy but I thought the idea was to keep away from the junk food. Why almond butter.

Almond butter isn't junk food...
  • lvmyequines
    lvmyequines Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love it on Fuji apples......actually I love it period. I eat it straight...
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I dip apple slices in peanut butter and the same can be done with almond butter! :)
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    IT IS HEAVEN IN OATMEAL!!!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I like it on bananas
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    IT IS HEAVEN IN OATMEAL!!!!

was just gonna say this!

also good with apples or bananas. basically anywhere you would use peanut butter.
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I make cacao-almond truffles... 65 calories each and DELICIOUS... :)
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both are using it. He uses it instead of peanut butter. I think it is a little too pasty on it's own. I eat 1/2 a whole wheat bagel with a tablespoon of almond butter and 1/8 cup of raisins sprinkled on top for breakfast almost everyday. I have never been a huge raisin fan, but the sweetness of the raisins is a perfect complement for me (my 2 year old loves the combo too).
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    Spread it onto whole grain waffles and drizzle with honey!!!
    Taste like peanut butter cookies to me!!! :happy:
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have never tried almond butter before but have wanted to. I found these little packets in Kroger that are like single serving samples. I decided that would be the best thing to buy in case I hate it (although that's not likely... I like just about everything).

What do I do with it though? I assume you use it like peanut butter, but what do I do with it other than put it on bread?

What do you use almond butter for?

add it to the Humus receipe
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I have eaten a whole big jar of almond butter, but I do like peanut butter better - more flavor.

However, I am a HUGE fan of almond milk - I replaced cow's milk over a year ago with almond milk and there is no going back..

So, from my limited experience - peanut butter taste better, but almond milk is better, hands down.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I like it on toast with a bit of honey :) or on pancakes! celery too, or just a spoonful.
  • kasicrawford
    Options
    It is so good on a English muffin with a little bit of raw honey overtop.... Yummy! It's my new favorite treat!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    What do you do with almond butter?? Throw it out!! That crap is nasty!!! LOL Just kidding.. I hate almond butter!!!