Weight Loss and Stretched Skin

Hello everyone! I have just begun the last stretch of my weight loss journey and FINALLY shedding pregnancy weight!! 25 pounds to go!! My goal is losing about 2 lbs per week, which is a healthy weight to lose, however, I do know that as I build muscle my NUMBER may not reflect actual weight loss, so I am also paying attention to inches lost as well.

So I am looking for some advice or experience. I understand the skin is elastic in a sense and will shrink, but with how much weight I did gain in the pregnancy..about 50 pounds..I am worried about some excess lose skin. I am not too worried about stretch marks, as I get rid of those pretty well. I don't and won't do any surgery, seeing as I didnt gain all that much weight. Right now I am using simple firming lotion morning and night and also cocoa butter, which I have been told helps with both firming and stretch marks. I was just curious if there was anything else that isn't too expensive and easy to use??? THANKS FOR TAKING THE TINE TO RESPOND!!

Replies

• I am wondering the same thing!
  • I am no expert but I found several articles like this: http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm.
    I am going through the same thing; 50 lbs gained during my pregnancy. I think we need to be patient and keep working out:) 50lbs is not a huge amount (although it sure seemed that way!) Good luck:smile:
  • KellyAnneH
    KellyAnneH Posts: 38 Member
    I'm a lot heavier than you and older, but, in my experience at your age the skin will shrink - just slowly. You'll give it the best chance of doing so if you make sure you eat a really healthy diet (lots of fresh veg, good protein, healthy fats) exercise and drink plenty of water.

If it doesn't totally go away, think about this. Would you rather have a few wrinkles on your belly that your clothes totally cover or be FAT, which nothing covers? Thought so. :o)
  • TheCountryMomma
    TheCountryMomma Posts: 87 Member
    THANKS EVERYONE! I'm not too worried about it, since I know time is the best option, espeically since it isn't THAT much weight. Just seeing if anyone had any of those off the wall ideas =) I use the Jergens firming lotion and it actually does really well.....