Boreing ol' Chicken

Options
chunkabutt25
chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
Ok girls (and guys) I need a new recipe for some kick butt chicken cuz im getting sick to death of it lol and its the only meat i have at the moment. What can I do to this chicken to jazz it up?

Replies

• chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Ok girls (and guys) I need a new recipe for some kick butt chicken cuz im getting sick to death of it lol and its the only meat i have at the moment. What can I do to this chicken to jazz it up?
  • LinzyB24
    LinzyB24 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My FAV is to grille a chicken breast and mix it with black beans and salsa. SO GOOD!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Cut & paste,,, Try this, it's good:

Ok, now I know this doesn't sound too good, but it was. Last night I came home and checked the fridge. I had 3 small (boneless-skinless) chicken breasts and 1/2 a head of cabbage. Wife works late on Tuesdays, so I had about 3 hours. What to do?,,, Hmmmm.

I cut the chicken into small strips, like taco meat, dropped it in a glass bowl and added a goodly bit of lite Italian salad dressing. The really lite stuff, like 15 cal a serving. I mixed it up let that sit around and think things over while I went out to work in the shop for a couple hours.

1/2 hour before D gets home, I took me big skillet and fired it nice and hot and gave it a spray of Pam, and added the chicken. Small pieces of chix cooked up very quickly. Then I chopped the cabbage a bit smaller than I usually do, maybe 1 inch chop, and dumped it in with the chix w/maybe 1/2 cup o' water and a good sprinkle of black pepper. Cover and simmer 20 min's to cook the cabbage.

Great, filling 163 calorie main course - and that ain't bad. Park something a li'l starchy next to it and that's a meal, and maybe a few cals left for a treat. :smile:

Cabbage/Boiled/Shredded, 1 cup 35 7 0 2 remove
    Kroger - Lite Zesty Italian Dressing, 1 Tbs. 18 2 1 0 remove
    M&M Chicken Breast - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 1 piece 110 0 3 23 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 163
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    We like to marinate the chicken breasts in Claude's fajita marinade, then grill 'em. Very tasty. Kind of high in sodium, but goooood...

http://www.claudessauces.com/p_claudes_fajita_sauce.html
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    There is a really good Laughing Cow Chicken Recipe in this section?

I made it and it's good!