3 1/2 weeks NSV progress and Thank yous!

Options
5thanddes
5thanddes Posts: 28 Member
I have been a MFP member since Sept, but didnt start my NEW life until Jan 3rd. As of now, I am an inch smaller in my neck, waist and hips. I am down 5lbs, which is a little discouraging but I keep telling myself it's not about the scale, it's about how you feel. And boy do I feel GREAT!!! My clothes are starting to get baggier, which means I can do more shopping (is that considered excercise? haha)

If it wasn't for this site, my new friends and all the message boards I might have stopped after a week, as I have done so many times before. Life is what you make it, and I want to make it a healthy life! With a little fun sprinkled on it of course!

Thank you all my MFP friends and thank you to those of you who share your stories with us. Individually we can make rivers, but as a group we can move mountains!!!

xoxoxoxo
-D

Replies

• RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Well done! That is excellent. Keep up the good work
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling great and can see the physical results too. Keep with it and I'm sure you'll reach your targets sooner than you think possible.

Good luck!

S
  • timssmurfette
    Options
    Ok, so I have been doing this faithfully for 10 days and have not lost anything yet!!!! I am very discouraged!! You say you have lost like 5 pounds already and inches. Am I doing something wrong?!!!! I workout 4 days a week.
    Any ideas? I only ask cause you have not been doing that long and have lost weight. :-)
  • 5thanddes
    5thanddes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I have been doing this faithfully for 10 days and have not lost anything yet!!!! I am very discouraged!! You say you have lost like 5 pounds already and inches. Am I doing something wrong?!!!! I workout 4 days a week.
    Any ideas? I only ask cause you have not been doing that long and have lost weight. :-)

Don't be discouraged! I lost the 5lbs the in the first 2 weeks and have stayed the same since, while doing everything I was doing the first 2 weeks. I didnt understand why, but people have told me that our bodies have to adjust to the change. We are completely changing the way we do things to our bodies and sometimes it goes into shock. Keep doing what your doing and I promise you the lbs and inches will come down.

Feel free to add me! I can try and help you out anyway that I can, recipes, motivation etc....
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with 5thanddes, don't be discouraged!...I've been doing this faithfully for 3 1/2 weeks. I lost 6lb each week for the first two weeks and was really pumped. All of a sudden, on my third week, I gained back 1 1/2lbs. Yikes!
    Go back through your food diary. Are you just tracking calories or are you looking at what kind of calories you are feeding your body?
    This site is great, use it to it's full potential.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!