How do you cut your carbs?

Options
13»

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I am a Type 2 Diabetic since being diagnosed in 2009 and was 560 lbs. I have worked with a Dietician since then and cutting carbs was never an issue. Counting Carbs was/is and making sure that I get a balance of complex and simple carbs that allows me to control my diabetes and lose weight... Erase all foods that have enriched flours (white bread, white rice, white pasta,etc) and I replaced with whole grains, brown pasta and rice, eat alot of beans, lentils, etc.. I eat banana, oranges, grapefruits atleast a couple servings of 1 of these a day. In the beginning we set my carb intake to 240 grams a day and a 2500 calorie BMR and I lost 2 to 3 lbs, a week. Since then I have adjusted to 3200 calories a day ( I am a firm believer in eating back my exercise calories) and increased my carbs to 280-300 grams a day and am still losing 1 to 2 lbs. a week and I have been pre-diabetic (A1c of 5.4) for the last 14 months... Each person is going to respond differently to this process and how carbs effect you just work at it and log everything and in time you will see what works for you..... Goodluck!!
  • LinBin2012
    Options
    Sometimes I use a knife, or my bare hands. But for some carbs, like oats, no cutting required.

trolololololololol

ha ha LOL
  • LinBin2012
    Options
    riced cauliflower