I love the "hot button topics" on web forums.

Options
2»

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think it's rude to make fun of (or mock) people who are genuinely inquiring about losing weight. So what if it's asked a million times, why does it bother you? They're here to obviously get serious answers. If everyone had to "google" information, then what is the point of this forum? Sorry, just really grinds my gears (lol) to see that almost every post is flaming weight loss noobs.
    im really not trying to be rude or *****y here - but theres a search button on the forums for a reason. i think if more people used it, it would really cut down on frustrations all around.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Honestly, I think it's rude to make fun of (or mock) people who are genuinely inquiring about losing weight. So what if it's asked a million times, why does it bother you? They're here to obviously get serious answers. If everyone had to "google" information, then what is the point of this forum? Sorry, just really grinds my gears (lol) to see that almost every post is flaming weight loss noobs.
    im really not trying to be rude or *****y here - but theres a search button on the forums for a reason. i think if more people used it, it would really cut down on frustrations all around.

I know hun. I'm just saying not everyone knows how to surf the site. Why knock someone for asking a genuine question?
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    On pet forums things like "which dog breed is best" always get fun, too!

I'm partial to the fad diet threads here.

Don't get me started on "which dog breed is best".... at the mere mention of my beloved breed ...... holy hell the crap and discrimination I get. And when it comes to the "taboo topics" I just don't even bother with them. Though i will stalk them just to get a good laugh..... lol.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Yep, sorry to say, but searching would save a lot of the same issues coming up. AND a noob can see all the different answers to contend with and *then* hit google....because not even the forums have the answers sometimes.

NOW, that being said, when a person is in need of simple moral support that may involve an issue that has been covered a hundred times? If you know the answer, if you cna't be nice about it, why respond? If you know the answer and can make someone smile? GFI!

Now, back to light and happy, please, before this one gets locked, too!
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Bah welcome to the internet - the place for mockers to mock and mockees to be mocked.

Not that I agree with it, but with great anonymity comes great trolling.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

Yep, sorry to say, but searching would save a lot of the same issues coming up. AND a noob can see all the different answers to contend with and *then* hit google....because not even the forums have the answers sometimes.

NOW, that being said, when a person is in need of simple moral support that may involve an issue that has been covered a hundred times? If you know the answer, if you cna't be nice about it, why respond? If you know the answer and can make someone smile? GFI!

I'm just sayin' I'm a noob to MFP and I didn't even know there was a search thread option. I find that being a smartass to people who have started a smartass thread is fair. It's getting rather annoying seeing people make fun of posters inquiring about honest questions. Just including my $0.02
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Bah welcome to the internet - the place for mockers to mock and mockees to be mocked.

Not that I agree with it, but with great anonymity comes great trolling.

Great quote lol.
  • andypickett
    andypickett Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I belong to both an automotive forum and a motorcycle forum... Want to get those guys riled up? Ask them "What's the best motor oil" or "Should I use synthetic or fossil oil".

Sometimes I read them for pure entertainment.

Mobil 1. And DO NOT put car oil in a motorcycle. :-)

Should we also throw in the correct tire pressure F/R?
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

I'm just sayin' I'm a noob to MFP and I didn't even know there was a search thread option. I find that being a smartass to people who have started a smartass thread is fair. It's getting rather annoying seeing people make fun of posters inquiring about honest questions. Just including my $0.02

Yep, understood. Took me awhile to find it. And then it got all big and now I understand the frustration. Again, newbies just need to be supported. :)
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options

I belong to both an automotive forum and a motorcycle forum... Want to get those guys riled up? Ask them "What's the best motor oil" or "Should I use synthetic or fossil oil".

Come on, you can put car oil in a bike if it's not "energy conserving". =P
  • andypickett
    andypickett Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Come on, you can put car oil in a bike if it's not "energy conserving". =P

Funny how this simple exchange doesn't even register here, but on the other board(s) we'd be up to triple digit replies and flames within minutes.