New to this

Options
Ok, so Im not understanding the calories remaining and the net amount. When I've put in my exercise for the day it told me today that I had like 1301 calories remaining and a minus for the net....what exactly does that mean?

Replies

• Sassyjai
    Options
    I'm new too! So far I like it. It's just a little confusing at first. The net column is what frustrated me today. So just to save you some confusion. Net should equal your daily goal of calories! Good luck!
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Net is the food you have consumed minus the exercises calories. If you have a negative net you have exercised off more calories than you have consumed. MFP allows you to "eat" your calories back (if you like) that you have exercised off. Eating them back is a personal decision that will slow your weight loss down. However, almost everyone woll advise you to eat your BMR every day. That's the amount of calories your body requires to keep operating, even if you were in bed all day.

For most of us, this is a marathon, not a sprint. I'd recommend you eat some food and stay out of the negative net, or you're gonna crash soon.