Icky advertising bring me down..............

Options
czewwhat
czewwhat Posts: 8,715
Does it bother anyone else that evey time you log in there is an advertisment for some celulite therapy staring you in the face, a very plump Celulite covered rump staring you in the face. I just wish the advertisements were Less targeted at the obvious, Try vacation planning ads or day spa treats so we could reward our progress rather than reminding us about our orange rind hips and bulging hind quarters. Support, isn't that why we are here?

Replies

• czewwhat
    Options
    Does it bother anyone else that evey time you log in there is an advertisment for some celulite therapy staring you in the face, a very plump Celulite covered rump staring you in the face. I just wish the advertisements were Less targeted at the obvious, Try vacation planning ads or day spa treats so we could reward our progress rather than reminding us about our orange rind hips and bulging hind quarters. Support, isn't that why we are here?
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    LOL - I just generally ignore the ads. Mike has to pay for this site somehow - if I don't like an ad so much, I just remind myself that because of that ad, I get to be here for free. Kind of helps me appreciate the ads a little - then go on to ignoring them :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Hi Momma-
    we have also noticed that if a thread is about a certain topic, the advertisements will reflect that. One of us started a thread about pizza, and said the word pizza a whole bunch, and voila! the ads were about pizza.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    :laugh: The ad is for internet marketing now from SF university!!!
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    Hi Momma-
    we have also noticed that if a thread is about a certain topic, the advertisements will reflect that. One of us started a thread about pizza, and said the word pizza a whole bunch, and voila! the ads were about pizza.

so all of our posts should start out... pizza, pizza, pizza.. then continue with what we wanted to say? LOL how funny! Me, i just ignore the ads... I am good at ignoring things... how i got this way to begin with LOL
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    HILARIOUS!!!! The ad at the top now is about ads!!:laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Lets start a thread where everyone says day spa and see if it works!
  • MTGirl
    Options
    :laugh: The ad is for internet marketing now from SF university!!!

Really?? I've still got the cellulite one! Maybe they are personalized and I should be getting a complex about my cottage cheese butt :huh: I've had the same ad for a week! lol
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    kinda funny when i read this thread it was an ad for another site that has the wall street journals favorite food log lol
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have the blende dental group for free sedation and sleep dentistry guide
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Lets all help mike out and say Day Spa,Day Spa,Day Spa.Day Spa,Day Spa! want to see if LuckyLeprichaun is right ! come on eveyone, lets give it a bump and see if we have to stare atthe celulite rump much longer!
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Lets all help mike out and say Day Spa,Day Spa,Day Spa.Day Spa,Day Spa! want to see if LuckyLeprichaun is right ! come on eveyone, lets give it a bump and see if we have to stare atthe celulite rump much longer!

It's worth a try!! Day spa Day spa Day spa Day spa Day spa!
    (That get's hard to type after awhile :ohwell: )
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

did someone say day spa? :bigsmile:
  • czewwhat
    Options

[Cut and paste!!!!!!!!!!/quote]
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Mine is still the Cellulite thing, they revolve to different ones on different pages. Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa!
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa!

Hey, I like this cut and paste thing!! Only, it doesn't seem to be working :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I think it's what you put in the topic line that determines the ad. Maybe start a new one about a day spa?:laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa Day Spa!
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Hi Momma-

Ha! It's true! I just happened to look up, and the ad at the top was about advertising online... how funny!