Lose weight then tone or Both?

Options
Hello again,

I have been doing resistance (weight training) three times a week and cardio for 45 minutes 5 times a week - should i be focusing more on cardio to lose weight or weights?

:ohwell:

Replies

• newbaby90908
    newbaby90908 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello again,

I have been doing resistance (weight training) three times a week and cardio for 45 minutes 5 times a week - should i be focusing more on cardio to lose weight or weights?

:ohwell:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Sounds like you have a pretty good mix right now. You need both cardio and strength training if you really want to see good results.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Yeah, looks like you are doing well. Make you that you eat clean, which is the biggest challenge for many people.
  • Starchaser
    Options
    Weights can burn more fat than cardio.
    Keep the reps in the 12-15 range, 3 sets, and rest for 45 seconds between sets.
    Look for supersets (where you train different, unrelated muscle groups back to back) to really burn it off!

A mix of cardio and high rep free weights is the best way to lose fat.

Weights will only add mass and size if the reps are in the 6-8 rep range and you're eating more than you burn.

Don't worry about it, any form of exercise, so long as it's done properly and you push it hard, is good!
  • newbaby90908
    newbaby90908 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, I don't want to get big. Just want to lose without the flab.