weigh in day

Options
Hi everyone im due my first weigh in tomorrow abit scared but hoping to see the scale go down:bigsmile: when is the best time to weigh myself is it first thing when i get up or should i weight an hour r so, i would be grateful for all ur comments, all of your weight loss to date is so encouraging, hopefully i will be able to report a loss fingers crossed:happy: :happy:

Replies

• sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi everyone im due my first weigh in tomorrow abit scared but hoping to see the scale go down:bigsmile: when is the best time to weigh myself is it first thing when i get up or should i weight an hour r so, i would be grateful for all ur comments, all of your weight loss to date is so encouraging, hopefully i will be able to report a loss fingers crossed:happy: :happy:
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    I'd say morning right after you get up is the best time. :)
  • helenwood101
    Options
    I do it a few times a day and take an average cos my weight changes queit a lot during the day
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning is most accurate - they you're weighing you and not your clothes, the fluid you have drank, and the food you have eaten. You're weight will change during the day - each 8 oz of water you drink weighs 1/2 lb! But if you at least weigh under the same circumstances every week, with the same clothes (or none) you will be consistant. Good luck on your first weigh in!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning, naked, after using the toilet:laugh:
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    ah thank u ill let you know tomorrow:love:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Whatever the scale says, remember your lifestyle change isn't just about weight but about health. So don't be too hard on yourself if it doesn't read what you think it should. If you think it should read less than it does, it's because your mind is already healthier and your body might take another week or two to catch up. But you're doing great.