looking for others with crohns disease

Options
2»

Replies

• Licratonic
    Licratonic Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been diagnosed with crohns 15 years ago, been really battling to lose weight. Been on a long course of prednisone didn't help either..finding it truly difficult to understand and working around restricted diets.. any tips would be great, any low carb that doesn't contain leavy greens, raw vegetables and fruits, corn, beans, cabbage etc etc... what's left... meat... hmmm oh yes... and soup... :ohwell: it will great to have a fellow crohnie on my buddy list.. :bigsmile:
  • mywowgirl
    mywowgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a Crohnie! I have to admit when I read about the disease and it said that people lost a lot of weight because of it, I was a little happy at first! But, what they don't tell you is that if you are already fat, get diagnosed, and get put on Prednisone, you balloon, not lose! I am now 20lbs heavier than my all time heaviest weight, and I have moon face. My knees and lower back hurt from just standing in the kitchen long enough to microwave dinner. I am currently in a flare. I am on Prednisone (tapered up and down for the last 6 months straight now), Humira (this is new, only a month on it), dicyclomine (for intestinal spasms), sucralfate (to protect my stomach from being on the Pred for so long), ondansatron meltable tablets (for nausea), and pain medication for the adbominal pain. I was happy to find you guys! My older sister is on here, and she told me about this thread. I will accept friend requests from any Crohnies!
  • Klisa80
    Klisa80 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am also one!! Had a baby which caused abseceses and stuff and been on high dosage of steroids for 8 months and inflixab shifting the weight is so hard!! When I'm really ill always say not going to worry about extra weight and then when start to feel better bothers me again. Any ideas of how to loose weight that doesn't cause a flare?? X