New here!

Options
Hi I'm Tasha! I'm a mom and a newly wed! I serve proudly of the lord And filling his will for me as an lna I work 3-11 full time so dieting for me is not very easy I started this fitness pal yesterday hoping to meet new friends and have some extra help with motivation. I went over my calorie intake today so I really need advice also I started this diet at the wrong time since mother nature blessed me with my monthly gift so I feel like an endless pit when I have this special gift! So advice would be so helpful! I am 5"4 and 162 and I would love to be 135 again. But I can settle for 140 I eat 6 small meals. Day and At work I try to take my dinner break T 6 so I dont eat for the rest of the night. Anyways enough of me babbling if I could get some more Friends that would be helpful! God bless!!

Replies

• ray8chul
    ray8chul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I was saying this to some other folks, but I've been using this app for a while and it's a great place to track your food and exercise and keep you accountable. It works so much better if you have friends because they encourage you and that keeps you coming back. I'll send you an invitation :)

Everyone is different. But when I started my weight loss about a year ago, I was 5'5" and 150. Even though I worked out about 4 times a week, it seemed like it was all for not because I couldn't lose the weight. I initially lost 28 lbs and have gained back a bit, which is just fine in my mind. So I think you and I are similar.

I still work out like a maniac, as you'll see if we become friends. But no matter what, it's about what I eat.

So if you'd like to know what I know, which isn't necessarily a lot, here it is... I've found that I can reduce portions, but only over time. You always think you're eating a smaller portion then you really are. If you're serious about losing, you'll avoid added sugar and alcohol for at least 6 weeks. Eat as fresh as you can when it comes to food, your body processes it better. Drink Water, drink water drink water, can't say it enough. Keeps you full. Only eat when you're hungry, but understand the difference between hungry and just a twinge of hunger. It won't hurt to wait 10 more minutes. Move... the most calories you will burn is on an average day if you're walking around. But if you're like most of the nation, you have a sedentary job. So just move when you can. Last, don't try to do everything all at once. If you focus and just do slightly better than the previous day and keep that going, you'll lose faster than you thought you would.

Hope some of this helps :-)
    Rachael