P90X - missed workouts

If you're doing (or have done) P90X, and you miss a few days, what did you do? I just missed 3 workouts due to stomach virus, and am starting again tomorrow. (If it matters, I missed Shoulders & Arms, Yoga X, and Legs & Back. Tomorrow was supposed to be Kenpo X.)

I could do a couple of things. 1) write those off, and just pick up where I was supposed to be with Kenpo and go forward from there 2) count those days as rest days, and pick up where I left off with Shoulders & Arms or 3)double up the workouts for the next couple days to get back on track.

I'm leaning toward doubling up (Shoulders & Arms and Yoga tomorrow, Legs & Back and Kenpo on Saturday (which was supposed to be my rest day) and then pick up with my new week on Sunday as originally planned, but I was curious about what others think. I can't be the first person to miss some days. LOL There may even be an official P90X answer for missed days, but I didn't see it.

Replies

• ebonyrose316266
    ebonyrose316266 Posts: 48 Member
    That's what I do too, double up and keep pushing play. But I've never doubled up two days in a row. I do the most important workouts and forget the others.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 379 Member
    I missed some days as well. I just pick up where I left off.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,115 Member
    If I miss days I just pick up where I left off.
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    same here - just pick up where you left off and you should be fine.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Option #2. That way, you're not missing any of the workouts, but you're not working yourself too hard (you were just sick, cut yourself a little slack!).
  • I have completed a round of P90X and still supplement with it from time to time. Don't skip em. Pick up where you left off or restart the week.
  • I'm not doing P90X currently, but I missed a week with P90 and am going to be doubling up next week to get back on track with where I should be. I usually have 1 double up day a week, due to my work hours on the weekend, it's hard for me to get a workout in so either Fridays or Mondays are double days. That being said, since you're just getting over a virus, I'd probably take it slow for a little while, unless you feel up to doing doubles.
  • Start the week over, dont double up, you will not be putting the full effort into the second work out. Tony wont come down and bannish you if you miss a couple of days, Just keep pushing play.

I hope Tony didn't hear that! lol
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    I did Legs & Back and Kenpo in one day---Couldn't walk for a week. I'll never do that again.....