Is this a 'fat person' thing or should I see a doctor?

Options
DLDzioba
DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
So, I've noticed since my thighs started rubbing together every once in a while I'll get a little bump or two in the place where my thighs meet that is almost like a pimple but not because it never gets a head or anything. It's just there, I pick at it, it gets sore, I leave it alone it eventually goes away only to show up again later.

Replies

• annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Chafing would be my guess.
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    So, I've noticed since my thighs started rubbing together every once in a while I'll get a little bump or two in the place where my thighs meet that is almost like a pimple but not because it never gets a head or anything. It's just there, I pick at it, it gets sore, I leave it alone it eventually goes away only to show up again later.

its because you are heavy. its bc they rub together. I get them too so you are not alone.
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'll tell ya, back in the summer, when I was around 207 and walking outside... my thighs would get sweaty and hot, and I'd have a rash and those bumps too... I'd say it's normal to get honestly.
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too! Mine turns into a rash & I hate it.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Yeah unfortunately it's just chafing. I curb it by wearing the longer length Spanx. I have narrow hips so even when I was thin this was still a problem - so don't worry, it's not just a "fat person" thing :wink:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    yes its normal and DONT PICK AT IT! It will only get infected. What usually helps some of my patients is baby powder......
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think it's chafing. When I wear shorts for a really long time, my thighs always start burning from rubbing together.
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    I don't think you need to see a doctor, I have always had this issue. I can't wear skirts, or short shorts. I am sure it will eventually go away.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It's normal as far as I know and you don't need to see a doctor. If it gets painful and you'd like to do something about it there are some boards on here discussing some different products you can use that help. There is one people always recommend but I forget.. Just search :)
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    it could also be an ingrown hair from the rubbing. That is one of the things I hate most about being overweight!! It makes wearing dresses uncomfortable and makes me feel even worse about myself, like I needed any help. You might try using baby powder or cornstarch and rubbing it on before you workout or after a shower to help ease friction and absorb moisture.
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    have you tried baby powder or corn starch? It does wonders in the thigh area!
  • hagamivida
    Options
    Normal. Heck even when i was thin i got them sometimes if i wore tight jeans all day, to say, band camp. No worries at all. Maybe use vaseline or something like it that wont stain clothes when you are active?
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Even when i was 175lbs in the summertime this would happen to me. And its so much more painful if you go somewhere beachy because the salt in the water really really stings!!!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I use baby powder or even deodorant and it helps with the chaffing.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Monistat Chafing Gel (found near the condoms and lube) does a great job for keeping this area chafe-free.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    yes its normal and DONT PICK AT IT! It will only get infected. What usually helps some of my patients is baby powder......

^This.

I get them a lot... only once was it ever a problem. It got infected and it swelled up a lot, felt like someone was pressing a hot curling iron into my thigh. Not sure if it was just a weird coincidence or if I was picking at it, but I ended up going to the doctor and had to have it cut open and stuffed with gauze to drain. Not fun at all!!!!

Edit: Diaper rash cream helps a lot!
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    go to the store and buy "desitin" you will thank me.
  • luvmydoggies
    luvmydoggies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    years ago at an old job i used to wear skirts and dresses alot and it would happen to me and i used baby oil. i would rub it on my inner thighs and it helped all day
  • Pete1226
    Options
    Others have said the same, it is a "fat person" thing. Use Baby Powder in those areas it will totally alleviate the chafing, BUT, I recommend using the Pure Cornstarch" Baby Powder it will do a better job than the soft powdery baby powder.
  • halfling94
    Options
    Yup, like everyone else says it is chaffing. I wear cut-off long-johns under my longer skirts to avoid it (my only short skirt is really a skort so no issue there). I know a gal that uses a product from the home adult toy parties, it is meant to put a talc like softness on the bedsheets, she sprays that on her thighs to avoid chaffing. Never tried it myself but she swore by it.