To the comfort eaters...

Options
How do you stay of track when you're thoroughly miserable?!
It's the point when I always go off the rails and it taking all my willpower right now not to grab something to eat (it's helping having nothing 'bad' in though!)

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Running! It got me through some tough times last year.
    Besides the feel-good endorphin rush, the good thing is that I have more calories to eat so I can get some treats in there too :smile:
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Thanks RubyBelle x
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Running is a good answer. When I feel really awful, running improves things more than eating does.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    When you feel the desire to eat you need to occupy yourself with something and try to make yourself forget about it. Go and exercise or call a friend and chat for a while. Maybe go for a nice walk. Or go upstairs and start pulling one of the bedrooms apart and clean or move the furniture. Take a nice bath and pamper yourself. It is hard but once you start ignoring the craving it gets easier after a while. Good luck! :-)
  • Cal28
    Options
    I did my first day of C25K today and it was good just didn't feel inspired to go out again this afternoon when I was doing the whole self pity thing. I did end up eating :ohwell: but still under kcal...
    Bodypump in morning though :smile:
  • Cal28
    Options
    When you feel the desire to eat you need to occupy yourself with something and try to make yourself forget about it. Go and exercise or call a friend and chat for a while. Maybe go for a nice walk. Or go upstairs and start pulling one of the bedrooms apart and clean or move the furniture. Take a nice bath and pamper yourself. It is hard but once you start ignoring the craving it gets easier after a while. Good luck! :-)

Thanks for the reply Donners :smile:, its the lack of friends (in this country) and lack of job thats making me down, spent ALL afternoon on a job application and still don't feel its good enough... :grumble:
    Wasn't a particular craving as such just wanted to stop doing what I was doing, but yes you're all right I should have got my *kitten* out for a walk/run instead! Next time I'll make sure I do :smile:

Sorry for being self indulgent, finding it hard all my friends & family being over 11,000 miles away! x