Please support our boobs (and testicals)

Options
Dear boobs,
This heartfelt apology goes out to you all
For moaning you’re too big or moaning you’re too small
For wishing you didn’t hang like puppies in sacks
Or just disappear when we lie on our backs
For squashing you flat with a minimising cup
or those torture bras that push you right up.
Why is it always your bad points we mention
Like your inverted nips or your water retention?
Why don’t we love you as much as our men
Or the babies that love you all over again?
Maybe we’re scared to show you we care
In case, one day, you’re simply not there.

I am running 5k in June for Cancer Research. All of us have been affected somehow and those of us who haven't are, unfortunately, unlikely to reach a ripe old age without loosing someone to Cancer to having it yourselves.

I was diagnosed with terminal cancer 6 years ago, and I am still going strong thanks to the help and support, along with the research these guys carry out. I know three women who have lost their breasts to this parasite along with 2 women who weren't so lucky and died of lukemia.

But this isn't just about the lovely attributes we ladies have, cancer effects everyone irrespective of race, colour, creed, gender, sexuality or weight so please support our boobs (and testicals) - and every other part of every other body and sponsor me a little.

Even if every person on this site just pledged 50p that would still make over £1000 so please please please use the link below to pledge what you can spare!

I know its cheeky asking strangers to empathise with me and to give away their hard earned cash but I hope you don't think me rude.

Thank you for your support

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/lotteharrison

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Wow. What an inspiration you are!
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've done race for life 3 times and really enjoy it... I lost my much loved stepfather to cancer when he was 50... good luck :-)
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Lotte, I think it's a great thing you are doing....

I'm a cancer survivour..mine was cervical.....
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Race For Life was my first ever race 15 years ago and I've run at last one a year ever since. The emotion and inspiration from reading the dedications participants pin to their backs makes me cry every year :cry: