Replies

• suzihead
    suzihead Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi would you like to be friends- i could use some more support
  • hcabarca
    hcabarca Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Hilda and after several years absent from MFP I came back, main reason is because I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and obviously weight will not help much with this condition. Now my only concern is...What type of excersise can one do that would help a little and not put you thru more pain? It's frustrating when you try to do something to help with the weight but then you see yourself struggling with the pain. I wish MFP could give some ideas.
  • madbitchdonna
    Options
    I have Multiple Sclerosis, so find exercise really difficult, the fatigue is really bad, my stomach hurts when ive over done it, and i dont know ive over done it till ive over done it, i keep at it though, got to hey
  • babybossy
    babybossy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Don't know if you already know but there are at least a couple of groups dedicated to fibro and chronic pain issues. Just search the groups for key words and they will come up. They have lots of ideas and support. Hope that helps.:flowerforyou:
    Mary
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have suffered chronic joint and back pain for over five years and find I just have to push through it. If I exercise it hurts but if I don't exercise it hurts even more. I try swimming two days a week and use machines that do not put a lot of pounding on my joints (i.e I avoid the treadmill).
  • suzihead
    Options
    hi- walking daily seems ok, but build up slowly. my problem at the moment is the exhaustion and today in particular is the pain iin my hands- not good when my outlet is on the computer. however walking daily, i can occasionally jog which really blows the cobwebs away and makes me buzz.
  • suzihead
    Options
    it is like a caatch 22- do nothing, get stiff and worse, exercise and hurt but know you've done something and can be proud of losing the weight. i also seem to be worse if i'm heavier- hence one of my reasons for losing weight apart from the jeans crisis in my wardrobe.