need help

Options
My profile is open, been using Polar ft 60 hrm to monitor calories, some days I forget to log( I log in food notes and eat a flat calorie intake of 2000. I shoot for a min of 800 burned each day, usually it is 1000-1100 average. I go to gym and do cardio 6 days a week( this is what I use hrm for and where I burn calories I count, also do push ups, sledgehammer / tire routines and exercises using trx system as well as abs( these are not recorded with hrm or in notes).

I have been at / plus minus 2 lbs of 190 for months. Goal is 170 . recently changed diet up to less carbs/ more fats / lower protein,, was at 40 % protein, 35 carbs and 25 fats for a few months. I have had body comp changes but need weight loss...

Have limited foods available, as reflected in diet. Drink lots of water,, 8-12 x 16.9 oz daily, everything gets logged.

Advice is needed.

Replies

• stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to do a split body weight training regime? Muscle will burn more calories and doing split means your muscle gets to have rest and heal before you go back to it a week later
  • mlh29
    mlh29 Posts: 40
    Options
    I split upper and lower body training, and do various activities for cardio( treadmill/elliptical/stepper/ bike) so I do not do/ work same muscles the same way everyday. Legs get workout everyday via cardio, but I rotate high / ow intensity and machines used.
  • stayxtrue
    Options
    I would maybe experiment with upping the calorie limit, I did this and by upping it I was able to lose more weight
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I agree, add some extra calories to you flat daily intake, I think you will start losing again just don't expect too much too quickly!
  • stayxtrue
    Options
    it is possible your metabolism is faster than it was before thus not having enough fuel, I know that for me my Metabolism has sped up dramatically
  • neimo82
    Options
    More fat, much less carbs. Can almost promise it'll work babe. You'll see when you come home and see me. I love you :)