Killer buns and thighs - Jillian Michales.. anyone?

Options
Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone here is doing Jillian Michaels, Killer Buns and thighs dvd!
It's a great workout that focus on legs and booty. I sooo need help in that zone of my body so this is a great dvd for girls like me with a pear shape body or problems in that area.
Level 1 is hard but not impossible.
Level 2, started yesterday is so hard... I think someone made Jillian angry or something cause there are crazy crazy moves!
I'm so soooore from yesterday wo.
Level 3: I dont know yet.

I usually mix this workout with turbofire.
I train with the best :)

p.s. on this JM dvd the girls are the same from 30 day shred... :D love to see them again. Im a huge fan of 30DS, that dvd changed my life! :)

Replies

• JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    This is good to read. I love Jillian but i have gotten a few of her dvds and was very disappointed. Very hard to follow and just all over the place. But these two are area I would love to whip into shape. I may look into this one. Thanks Again!
  • giuliajustdoit
    Options
    This is good to read. I love Jillian but i have gotten a few of her dvds and was very disappointed. Very hard to follow and just all over the place. But these two are area I would love to whip into shape. I may look into this one. Thanks Again!

I don't know what dvds you have but for example i did 30 day shred not in 30 days... but in like 4 months, cause I was so physically weak (I used to be a coachpotato) that follow those exercise was so hard at first. But it's only a matter of time... it gets betetr and better everytime :)

Anyway this dvd about legs and booty is great, she has done dvds about everything.. this is the cherry on top! :)
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I got her Yoga meltdown I think it's called and it was horrible. I thought it was bouncing around all over the place you hardly looked at the people enough to see the moves you didn't stay long enough on them. I thought it was the worst dvd I ever bought very disappointed. I have the 30 day shred but never did it. I don't work out at home much and I don't want to be stuck to a dvd I'm in the gym everyday so the 30 day shred wouldn't work for me. I just need one or 2 good ones for when I can't get to the gym for bad weather.
  • meli_mel25
    meli_mel25 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do this!! I tried Level 2 one day just to get a workout in for the day and I was sore for like 3 days lol I don't have time to complete it though. :/
    In the summer for sure! :)
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    How long are the levels in this DVD? I am doing her 30ds and cardio kickboxing ( or whatever I can get from the library). I think she is good. I like the circuit training concept she uses in 30ds.
  • giuliajustdoit
    Options
    they're 43 minutes long. :) btw last year I also trained with cardio kickboxing, oh so hard and speed... love it!
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My copy of this dvd should be here today. I bought it from Amazon UK yesterday, bundled with ripped in 30 as that was the dvd I really wanted and it was only £2 extra to get the boxset! I'm on day 16 of my 4th round of 30DS at the moment, so planning on starting it in a couple of weeks :)
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I have killer buns and thighs coming from amazon sometime this week hopefully :)
  • kimgravel
    Options
    I've been doing level 1 for a few weeks (alternating between this and some of her others), and I don't think I'm quite ready to venture onto level 2 yet. Great work out! The squat with the leg raise at the begining...killer!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I did Level 1 for two weeks and I just started Level 2 a few days ago. The first couple of days of L2 I wanted to reach through the tv and pummel her but it's starting to get more bearable for me now. Still a good workout but I'm catching on to some of the different moves a little better now.

I like this one a lot actually. I love Level 1 of 6w6p but I hated Level 2 the first time I tried it. Maybe I just need to get a little more used to the moves like with KBT?
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've done level 1 once so far (had the dvd a week, I like to alternate between them or I get bored), it was difficult but it didn't make me too out of breath. I think I need to work harder or add more weight to make sure I work enough! I know it would be excellent for building definition, if not weight loss though.
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    43 minutes is good.I started with 30ds and it motivated me so many days..that exercise..it's just 20 minutes. But now it seems too less.
    Cardio kickboxing is tough and I feel so energized after that!
  • katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Is there any cardio in killer buns and thighs? Or is it strictly squats/lunges etc.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Loads of cardio in it. I am on level 2 and much prefer it to level one.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Does level 2 have more cardio in it? I didn't think level 1 had very much, but that might be because I'm used to the other dvds where there is more maybe. Haven't done level 2 yet!
  • iceandfire212
    iceandfire212 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love this workout--Day 5 of level 1. There is a good amount of cardio in it, thanks to Jillian's philosophy about keeping the heart rate up for maximum calorie burn.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I got her Yoga meltdown I think it's called and it was horrible. I thought it was bouncing around all over the place you hardly looked at the people enough to see the moves you didn't stay long enough on them. I thought it was the worst dvd I ever bought very disappointed.

I disagree with this assessment. You do a good number of moves in a decent if not a bit quick amount of time, but having to much time to rest or staying with one exercise too long would, in my opinion, decrease the intensity quite a bit. i personally like it. gives me a good sweat and I'm still on level 1
  • HRussell099
    Options
    So would you say that it works as well as 30 day shred? Do you get noticeable results? I've been doing 30 Day shred for a while and the results are great, but I'm looking into Killer buns and thighs.
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i have this haven't tried it yet. maybe tomorrow!
  • DebbieSusanne
    DebbieSusanne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this off on on for a couple of weeks. I have been alternating with different workouts. I am planning on starting level 2 today. I thought level 1 was a little easy, but I just recently finished her ripped in 30 and that was pretty intense.