Ready to give up.

Options
So, I've been doing insanity going on 4 weeks now, I've also been doing some strength training for a couple weeksi haven't lost any weight, and my clothes fit exactly the same as they had before. :( At first people told me I wasn't eating enough for the exercise I was doing, so i upped my calories. Now 2 weeks after doing that, I'm still in the same place. no weight loss, no inches lost. I don't understand. I think I'm just gonna quit for a while. i lost 16 pounds doing zumba before I joined MFP. Maybe insanity is just not effective for me??? Well, that's my little rant for the day. :explode:

Replies

• laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    No don't give up!! It may be strange now but keep going and you'll see the results! :) you only have to be patient :)
  • newlaura30
    Options
    no no no do not quit... you are doing brilliant.You have probably just hit a plateau if insanity isn't doing it for you try something else please don't give up concentrate on keeping your diary and try a different exercise even go back to zumb.. please feel free to message me if you need to rant scream or cry but DO NOT QUIT...
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    quitting is never an option!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you are not ready, stop for a while and come back to it. :flowerforyou:
  • synthetiquecindy
    Options
    Take a breath.
    Relax.
    And keep trying :)

Do not quit! Keep trying and adjusting! This lifestyle change ( the change in diet, addition of exercise) is good for you! Take a step back and reevaluate: do you not feel better? Increased energy? Better focus? Better sleep? You've already invested so much time in yourself to give up now. Taking care of yourself = self love. (sounds so cheesy but... It's true.)

You may be building muscle - that muscle (which is weighty) will help you metabolize more efficiently.

Look at your breakdown (macro %) and try readjusting them?
  • ksuther13
    Options
    It took me about 2 to 3 months to finally start losing weight before I discovered MFP. I don't know why that is but I've been getting my calories and exercise 6 days a week and I'm still the same. Before I lost 18 pounds and still was in the same size clothes. It's frustrating but keep at it and you'll eventually see results. It just takes longer for some people and believe me, I am an impatient person. Good luck.
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    Do not give up, keep at it. Its a process , I am sure you did not gain all your weight in 4 weeks, so you just have to keep at, be strong. Change you life and stay with it daily and over time you will be where you want to be!
  • parteegirl01
    Options
    quitting is never an option!

Thanks, needed that kick in the butt :)
  • parteegirl01
    Options
    Thanks everyone, feeling a bit more up to it today. Thinking more long term instead of RIGHT NOW. I'm the world's most impatient person ;) Feels good to know there are positive, supportive people out there.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. Did you take your measurements prior to starting your plan? If not, you may have lost inches and just don't notice. Either way, if you had better luck with Zumba, maybe you should incorporate a couple of days of Zumba into your week.

If you've upped your calories and you haven't gained any weight, you should up your calories more. It's certainly possible that you're not eating enough, since everyone's body is different.
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the responses - don't give up. Even if your weight is not moving right now then eating healthily and doing exercise is still very good for you and your fitness will be improving. There are lots of good things that exercise does for you as well as weight loss!

What kind of strength training are you doing? If its only been a couple of weeks your muscles might be holding water - mine did. I started seeing results after about 4 weeks of using weights. It took a bit longer for clothes to feel different, but my shape has changed a LOT. Just not on my skirt waistband....yet!
  • tiffany55398
    Options
    Don't give up!! I felt the same way you did. I had been doing Zumba for weeks without seeing any results at all, and yes I was logging every single morsel of food I ate. What I wasn't doing was drinking enough water. Since I started making sure I was drinking at least 8 cups a day the pounds are falling off. If you were loosing weight on Zumba I say go back to it. Certain exercises work for some and don't for others, stick to what works for you. I also go on Pinterest ever day where I have ton's of motivational saying and stuff for exercise on it, I read those every single day.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, but I would suggest you continue with the zumba as well.
  • Noel1114
    Noel1114 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't pack it in. Stick to a plan and try not change your caolrie intake. Decide on a level of calories and stick to it. The rrsults will come. A friend of mine lost nothing for 5 or 6 weeks then the weight fell off.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, feeling a bit more up to it today. Thinking more long term instead of RIGHT NOW. I'm the world's most impatient person ;) Feels good to know there are positive, supportive people out there.

Please don't give up.

The following is the reply to a post you stuck on the thread "5ft 7... Whats your goal weight?"
    I'm 5'7" and i weigh 220. I was at 236 and lost the 16 lbs before I joined MFP. My long tem goal is 160, I'll be thrilled when I see 180 since that's where I was before I had 2 kids :)

Look how positive you were in that reply, nothing has changed except your frustration. You may need to switch your calories about, up your protein, down your carbs, cut out any junk food, ensure you eat fruit and veg....

The list is long, what works for one person may not work for you and vice versa.

If something is working, do not fix it as there is nothing to fix. If, however, something is not working, you need to work out how to fix it and once you find that "mend" you will be well away.

Just do not give up. :flowerforyou: