Question

Leigh14
Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
My grandmother has type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and bleeding stomach ulcers. As you can imagine, her diet is VERY restricted. She was just put on insulin and is extremely worried, anxious and stressed out. I have been trying very hard to help her.

I was just wondering if there are any people here battling any or all of the things I mentioned. If so, could you send me a message? I'd like to pick your brain. :flowerforyou: Please?

I'm also going to find some other forums I can join for tips about eating and exercising with those conditions. As soon as I can, I'm going to go with her to visit a dietitian, too.

She is over 80 and is having a very difficult time with it.

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    My grandmother has type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and bleeding stomach ulcers. As you can imagine, her diet is VERY restricted. She was just put on insulin and is extremely worried, anxious and stressed out. I have been trying very hard to help her.

I was just wondering if there are any people here battling any or all of the things I mentioned. If so, could you send me a message? I'd like to pick your brain. :flowerforyou: Please?

I'm also going to find some other forums I can join for tips about eating and exercising with those conditions. As soon as I can, I'm going to go with her to visit a dietitian, too.

She is over 80 and is having a very difficult time with it.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    There is a Diabetes Life forum that may be helpful to you also - it's called D-Life - if you google that, you should find it. There's lots of info out there - be careful, some of it's way off base. D-Life has great info!

http://www.dlife.com/

Edited to add link!
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    My Mother was diagnosed with diabetes. She lost 20 lbs and exercises everyday. She isn't on insulin anymore. She keeps a strict diet and checks her sugar levels etc.. Her and my Father both went to see a Dietitian and went to Diabetes classes. It's great if someone can go with your Grandmother to the classes and to see the Dietitian... because no matter what your age...when you are going thru something so stressful you can miss what is being said/taught.. Good luck and Be well! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.