Need Breakfast ideas

So I'm a very picky eater, and I'm almost always on the go. I typically have eggs, turkey bacon, toast, a glass of milk and orange juice. but I'm getting kind of tired of it. That breakfast ends up being around 750 calories. I feel like that's a lot when i guess its really not because i get about 2800 calories a day. So i need something quick, filling, and very basic because i cant cook very well..... lol ANY IDEAS??????

Replies

• I always eat oatmeal! You can make it in the microwave (just measure out however many servings you would like and then the amount of milk or water you need according to the instructions) and then you can add anything you want to it! I always add cinnamon, vanilla, stevia sugar, ground flax seeds, banana slices and blueberries. Sometimes I add almonds, you can add peanut butter, chocolate chips... basically anything you want! And it's delicious :) and good for you! Oatmeal supposedly helps burn belly fat so I guess we will see! lol
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Eggs - White only, raw, 0.5 cup
    Tomato - Raw, Red, 0.25 tomato
    1 Tbsp Smart Balance Light W/ Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Buttery Spread, 0.5 tablespoon
    Thomas' - Sahara Whole Wheat Mini Pita Pockets, 1 Loaf (28g)
    Alpine Lace - 25% Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese, 0.75 oz
    Calories 231, Carbs 17, Fat 9, Protein 22, Sodium 489, Choles 15
    You can find healthier versions of the things you love.
    Instead of OJ have 1/2 an orange
    Low fat milk
  • Thanks!!!! those r good things to add
  • Only issue Dls06 i don't like tomato's and how do u cook it. are the eggs scrambled?
  • Hey, why not give smoothies a try. You drop in some fruit, add protein powder, and a portion of healthy fat such as avacado or some kind of nut butter, and viola! Just be sure to carry a healthy snack for the in between mealtime so that you do not get discouraged. You can also sneek in more vitamins by adding in a bit of spinach and not even taste any difference but gain lots of nutritional value in a snap. That cuts down cooking time to zeo.:drinker:
  • catio23
    catio23 Posts: 38 Member
    Cook two egg whites in the microwave in a small bowl. Microwave some turkey bacon. Put on an Arnold Sandwich Thin with a slice of 2% american cheese. Add a tsp of olive oil for some healthy fat. Should keep you full for a while!
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Toasted 100 cal english muffin,
    Beat an egg - microwave 1 min (i like adding red pepper flakes)
    a slice of lean ham (2 oz = 60 cal.)
    a slice of cheese (2 oz = 100)

Toast muffin, cook egg. Put together on plate and micowave 20 sec to melt cheese. Appx. 300 calories.

They also have frozen Jimmy Dean De'Lights already made up around 300 cal.
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    you could try breakfast cookies. just do a goggle search and you will get a bunch of recipes. i have 3 diff. recipes i use for my toddler (and they are all pretty good) they range from 1/4 cup sugar to no sugar. the last ones i made have no sugar and are basically oatmeal bound together with bananas and applesauce with dried fruit and nuts added it. easy to grab no dishes to do. no preparing in the morning and healhty for you. and you can change the flavor. i usally make the "dough" then split it into smaller batches and diff add in's (such as cherries in one, blueberries in another, some with nuts, some w/o nuts).
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Only issue Dls06 i don't like tomato's and how do u cook it. are the eggs scrambled?

I usually make an omelet. You can add what ever you like. Sometimes I add peppers and onions, tomato and spinach. I cook the veggies first and then add the eggs. I will even add a tbs of real bacon bits too and top with a slice of swiss cheese. Really good and not a lot of calories. I use 1/ tbs of smart balance or any heart healthy lower cal and fat spread to cook it in.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    I usually have a bowl of cornflakes with coconut milk
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    One of my favourite things to have for breakfast (if you don't go toooo overboard on sodium for the rest of the day, as this gives you about half of the quantity in hidden forms) is a breakfast burrito. I am a vegetarian, so I don't include meat, mine is a bean burrito:

One 8 inch whole wheat tortilla
    About 1/2 cup refried beans spooned down the centre of the tortilla
    Slice one scallion and sprinkle on top of the beans
    Great 30g of cheese and put on top of that
    I keep it open while I mircowave it until hot, about 1-2 minutes to get all the beans hot
    I put two tablespoons of salsa on top of the filling and spread it out.
    Then I carefully (because it's hot) roll it up like a burrito
    I don't worry about folding in the ends since i eat it with a knife and fork anyway.

This might not be your idea of a great breakfast (not sure if you like beans, etc), but I loooove it, and the ingredients I use work out to be only 325 calories. I find it quite filling too.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Who says you have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast? I'm a big fan of leftovers, pizza, salad, sandwiches... you name it..