My first NSV

Options
jodibethG
jodibethG Posts: 21 Member
I just started MFP on January 1st and have been logging my food daily, taking zumba classes 2-3 times a week, and playing on my church volleyball team 2 nights a week. I've been discouraged because as of this morning, I have only lost 3 lbs. But I decided to retake my measurements (2 days early) and I found that overall-including thighs, hips, waist, and chest-I have lost 1/2-inch on each area! So yes, it's small and not a HUGE NSV, but it's still my first. So, I'm going to focus next month on my inches as well as the scale. Hopefully the pounds will eventually start to come off, until then I'm going to be happy with a loss of something! Your success stories are all inspiring and keep me motivated when I feel discouraged. Hopefully I can share my success story too in a few months.

Replies

• ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Great work! Losing inches and losing weight are equally exciting! Congrats and keep it up!
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great job! We'll take our victories where we get them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!