Whats everyones current workout routine?

Options
Just wanting to get a topic started to get some new ideas flowing! We are all here to loose weight and be healthy and along the way we have all tried multiple workout programs, dvd's, routines, personal trainer tips, fitness classes, etc to either help us get to our goals or they failed. I want to hear what you feel got you the best results, what you have tried and disliked, what you want to try, and what you are currently doing. Seeing as we are supposed to switch up our workout routines every 3-4 weeks to create muscle confusion and not hit a plateau in our weight loss I thought it would be nice for everyone to be able to see what else is out there and maybe give them a try!

For me:
I started my weight loss with Farrells Extreme Bodyshaping, saw OKAY results...not great. And paid a bunch of money for it. I enjoy kickboxing and became a kickboxing instructor there but just wasnt feeling like I was going to see the results I wanted by sticking with that alone. I then began lifting weights and following Jamie Easons LIve Fit 12 week program. It was my life changer. I saw better results than I would have expected on this program and best of all its free and it works for ANYONE! I have gone through the program twice now incorporating my own things into the second round. I took a week and a half off (required once a year when lifting weights) and am now doing her 30 day workout routine that was featured in FitnessRX Magazine. I would like to incorporate some Yoga and Crossfit eventually into my routine, I will always stick with lifting but would like to try some different routines or write my own!

Replies

• 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    30 DS as well as either my elliptical or callanetics or core fusion (if i have the time) but always at least 30 day shred
    i had to find DVDs to do at home for now since I am still nursing my baby and we are starting a business so dont have much "extra money" for a gym membership right now :-)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    heavy weight training - 4x a week (Tues-Thurs-Sat & Sun) for 45 mins to 1 hour
    cardio days - 2x a week (Mon & Fri) for 15mins (HIIT) to 30 mins (DVD)

For weight training, I do the upper body/lower body split. I do upper body every Tuesday & Saturday, lower body every Thursday & Sunday. As for cardio, I do it either HIIT on my stationary bike or Hip-hop abs DVD.
  • NNSSJSKR
    NNSSJSKR Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am on my third week of workouts after taking a looooooong looooooong break. I am currently doing 30DS at least 3 days a week, C25k 3 days a week, and using the elliptical machine. I want to add weights and yoga soon, but for now my focus is running (I would like to run a 5K this spring) and eating healthy/preparing healthy meals. I have gone from eating a ton of prepackaged meals and relying on my husband to cook to making a few meals from scratch a week and I've added a ton of fresh fruits and veggies to my diet. YAY progress :)
  • tbloor
    tbloor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started couch 2 5k in May 2011. Loved it...it got me interested in running, health and fitness again after I gained back 30 of 40 pounds I had previously lost. After running 11.2 kms in a relay in September, I took a little break from heavy running and this fall did a hybrid of step classes, Jillian Michaels DVDs (30 DS and Yoga Meltdown) and running...something different every day, 6 days a week. This is where I saw the best results start to happen, in terms of changes in the shape of my body. Between Nov. 11 and Dec. 31st I lost 6 inches off my waist!

I started the Insanity 60 Day Challenge this past Sunday, and so far I love it! It is a challenge! Following Insanity, I am training for my first half marathon at the end of April. In June, I have plans to participate in a mini-tri and follow that up with another half in September!

After all that, I would love to try P90x.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm in my final month of P90x, and have recently obtained New Rules of Lifting for Women. I need to stock up on a few items for my home gym, and then I'll start that program!
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I started couch 2 5k in May 2011. Loved it...it got me interested in running, health and fitness again after I gained back 30 of 40 pounds I had previously lost. After running 11.2 kms in a relay in September, I took a little break from heavy running and this fall did a hybrid of step classes, Jillian Michaels DVDs (30 DS and Yoga Meltdown) and running...something different every day, 6 days a week. This is where I saw the best results start to happen, in terms of changes in the shape of my body. Between Nov. 11 and Dec. 31st I lost 6 inches off my waist!

I started the Insanity 60 Day Challenge this past Sunday, and so far I love it! It is a challenge! Following Insanity, I am training for my first half marathon at the end of April. In June, I have plans to participate in a mini-tri and follow that up with another half in September!

After all that, I would love to try P90x.

You will love p90x. You Re doing something different everyday.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Currently I do 15 min of non-jumping calesthenics and resistance bands during my breaks at work (30 min total)
    Plus 45 - 60 min of Zumba or 30 min of free step and 30 min of light weights

When weather permits the Zumba or step/weights are sometimes replaced by hiking.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Just wanting to get a topic started to get some new ideas flowing! We are all here to loose weight and be healthy and along the way we have all tried multiple workout programs, dvd's, routines, personal trainer tips, fitness classes, etc to either help us get to our goals or they failed. I want to hear what you feel got you the best results, what you have tried and disliked, what you want to try, and what you are currently doing. Seeing as we are supposed to switch up our workout routines every 3-4 weeks to create muscle confusion and not hit a plateau in our weight loss I thought it would be nice for everyone to be able to see what else is out there and maybe give them a try!

For me:
    I started my weight loss with Farrells Extreme Bodyshaping, saw OKAY results...not great. And paid a bunch of money for it. I enjoy kickboxing and became a kickboxing instructor there but just wasnt feeling like I was going to see the results I wanted by sticking with that alone. I then began lifting weights and following Jamie Easons LIve Fit 12 week program. It was my life changer. I saw better results than I would have expected on this program and best of all its free and it works for ANYONE! I have gone through the program twice now incorporating my own things into the second round. I took a week and a half off (required once a year when lifting weights) and am now doing her 30 day workout routine that was featured in FitnessRX Magazine. I would like to incorporate some Yoga and Crossfit eventually into my routine, I will always stick with lifting but would like to try some different routines or write my own!

Work out? Whats that? Usually I just sit on the couch and eat ho ho's and twinkies =) JK jk Partner! Workout partner.. that is.
  • AshleyNicoleRoutson
    Options
    haha yah lets not get a lesbionic here WORKOUT partner ;)
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    60 day weight cut program on ufc trainer
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Practice Run (3km)
    Monday - Run Clinic (3km-4km)
    Tuesday - Calisthenics & Bike Ride & Walking (45mins+)
    Wednesday - Practice Run (3km+)
    Thursday - Same as Tuesday
    Friday - Same as Tuesday
    Saturday - Same as Tuesday
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Did P90X Classic, for 7 rounds, two with doubles. Used Rushfit DVD as my doubles portion.

Now doing P90X2, with Treadclimber for 60 min, as my doubles portion.

Essentially I do strength training with heavy weights. low reps, 3 days a week. (M,W,F)
    Cardio two mornings a week. 45-60 min (T-Th)
    Cardio as a second workout, 4-5 evenings week. 60 min (M-F)
    One day a week 60 min or something (weekend)
    one day a week rest
  • Danielle8706
    Danielle8706 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred daily and walking 3miles when its sunny outside :) pretty simple but better than doing nothing! Gotta start somewhere
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    I do an hour of Wii Fit (30 min of free step and at least that of yoga and strength) as a bare minimum every day. I suplement that with bicycle crunches, extra yoga/strength training, and when the weather is nice enough I walk up the hill to take kids to school/drop them off.
  • HelloRevvie
    Options
    I do a thirty minute workout everyday of either my treadmill at an 8 inch incline at a speed of 3-3.5mph or my elliptical at a resistance of 5. Sometimes, I'll mix the two. I've only been doing it for about 8 days now but I'm really trying. I can already tell I've built up my stamina a bit because I can already handle more now than when I began. :) I'm also trying to get used to working out and my workout goal is to be able to do 45 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of strength exercises daily.
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do 15 minutes on the elliptical each day when I'm working out of the office. If, after 15 minutes, I feel like I can go longer, I do. But I do at least 15 minutes no matter how miserable it is. In addition, I attend at least one yoga class a week, which is at least one hour long. (this week's routine was 3 hours long, but it was a lot of breathing exercises, so not as bad as you might think). I also do yoga mini-routines throughout the week, generally 10 minutes a day or so, to keep my chronic pain issues under control and to work on my balance and muscle control. (I have MS, so it is important to not lose any ground there.)

Sometimes I'll use the weight machine at home but only when I can get rid of the other family members. I hate being gawked at while working out.
  • brianyeager
    Options
    Monday
    (Cardio / Abs)
    ¬¬¬¬¬¬
    Incline Sit Ups

30lb. Side Bends

Run (5-7 miles)

Tuesday
    (Full Body)
    ¬¬¬¬¬¬
    Bench Press

Overhead Press

Barbell Curls

Skull Crushers

Dumbbell Rows

Squats

Dumbbell Flies

Push Ups (60)

Run (3 miles)

Wednesday
    (Cardio)
    ¬¬¬¬¬¬
    Run (5-7 miles)

Thursday
    (Cardio / Abs)
    Knee Raises

Side Twists

Run (5-7 Miles)

Friday
    (Full Body)
    Bench Press

Dumbbell Press

Dumbbell Curls

Triceps Extensions

Dumbbell Shrugs

Toe Raises

Chin Ups (40)

Dips (60)

Run (3 miles)

Saturday
    (Cardio / Abs)
    ¬¬¬¬¬¬
    Crunches

Incline Sit Ups

Cross Training
    (i.e. football, biking, basketball, etc.)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My workouts are all over the place since I like variety.....running, boxing, soccer, yoga usually 3 times a week, zumba, circuit training. I just found a new kettlebell workout to try and want to add back in more weights
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    We have a personal trainer at my work and I asked her what can I do at home besides dumbells, etc. She introduced me to TRX training and I have just recently bought one and so far I am loving it. Look it up on youtube, there are like 300 different exercises you can do with it. http://www.trxtraining.com/ -- it looks easy, but there are lots of things you can do with it to make it hard. It's also portable, so you can take it anywhere.... so awesome!
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a week I do 35 minutes of cardio on an elliptical. 2 times a week I do about 15 minutes on the elliptical plus lift weights for about 30 minutes, I'd say they're pretty heavy. 10-12 lb hand weights, between 80-120 lbs on leg machines, 40-50 lbs on arm machines. I also do Zumba for 60 minutes about 3 times a week. If I can, I try to go to an amazing Spin class on Sundays.